Chapter 2

Assyria Brooks

I was laying on my stomach scrolling through my messages, seeing all kinds of shit that made me sick. "I'm back sissy!" Aalejah announced loudly as she barged into my room and laid beside me on my bed.

I smiled as she rested her head on my shoulder and looked at my phone. "You got all the niggas." She said, scrolling through my messages. "Girl no I don't. These just a bunch of random thirsty ass bitch boys." I said, becoming frustrated for no reason. Boys were stupid as hell and I was considering getting a girlfriend to see if it was any different on the other side.

Hearing laughter, I looked up to see my brother standing in the doorway dying laughing. "Thirsty ass bitch boys." He repeated, coming and joining us on my bed. "Bro, you funny as fuck." He stated, nudging Aalejah with his shoulder causing her to push him. "Don't come in here being annoying." She said, continuing to look over my shoulder and at my phone to see what I was doing.

"What y'all looking at?" Noah asked, leaning over and looking at my phone too. "Damn sis. I ain't know you had the juice like that." Noah said, making me smack my lips. "I'm trying to delete all this shit." I said, growing annoyed because there was too many messages and I knew I didn't have the patience to go through and delete them all.

Noah had pulled his phone out and started going through his instagram so I locked my phone and leaned over to meddle in his business. "She's bad as fuck ain't she?" Noah bragged, showing me a picture of a girl I'm assuming he fucked. "Yeah, she's nice." I said. I could admit that my brother had good taste in women and only fucked with bad bitches.

He continued to scroll until some hoe name popped up on his screen, indicating he had a call. "This bitch." He mumbled, getting up from my bed to talk in private.

"You're leaving me too?" I asked Aalejah, watching as she got up also. "I'm getting ready to take a nap." She said, stretching her arms out and yawning.

"You don't want to get ice cream with me?" I asked, sitting up on my bed and holding my phone up so I could look at myself. "Nah. Bring me something back though." She said, leaving out from my room.

I put my Jordan's on and grabbed my phone, going down the stairs. My parents were all cuddled up, watching cartoons and passing a blunt back and forth. "I'm leaving," I said, causing Ma to look up and examine my outfit. "I can see your skin. Go put something else on." She said making me smack my lips.

"She's fine." Mom said, coming to my rescue. "No she's not. Look at what she's wearing." Ma says, motioning towards the shorts I was wearing and the open baseball jersey I wore with a tank top underneath. "Stop tripping baby." Mom says, leaning in to kiss her and I discreetly left from the living room, going into the foyer so I could leave.

**

After placing my order I was sitting in the booth alone while talking to Noah on the phone to keep me occupied while I waited for my ice cream. "You're so goddamn annoying. I could be on facetime looking at titties right now." He said, making me scrunch my face up. I could hear laughter in the background and figured he was with some of his bone headed friends.

"Fine. I'll talk to you later." I said, ending the call before he could even say anything. I put my phone down in front of me and tapped my fingers against the table, looking around at my surroundings. It was kind of empty due to the fact that it was still morning.

I heard my number being called so I slid out the booth and walked to the front counter to collect my order. "Have a good day beautiful." The man behind the counter smiled. "Thanks, you too." I said, turning on my heels to leave. I was looking down at my ice cream, scooping it onto the spoon when I bumped into somebody causing my ice cream to fall on the ground.