Chapter 39

Jordan

"If you came to argue, you're wasting your time." I said after the guard had took my handcuffs off. I took my seat across from her, wondering why she was here. I wasn't expecting to see her for a month at the least because I figured her feelings were hurt from what I said to her the last time she was here.

"I don't want to argue." She finally says, folding her leg over the other and looking me square in the eyes. I could tell she had something she wanted to say to me, and I was waiting for her to just go ahead and speak her mind. "So, how you been?" She asks, trying to make small talk.

"Better." I said, "How's Assyria?" I had been thinking about her a lot lately, wondering if everything was okay with her. "She's been doing pretty good." She said and I nodded as I stared at her. I could tell something wasn't right with her because she wouldn't look at me and if she did, it was only for a couple seconds.

"Can you do me a favor?" I said, and she nodded. "Have Timmy go and check up on Noah." It was stressful as fuck dealing with Nala and I really don't understand why she chose now to start being petty. "She won't bring him or something?" She asked.

"Nah. She says it's no place for kids and that I shouldn't have fucked up in the first place. Which is true, but I can't go ten years without talking to him. I'm fucking tired of her throwing my mistakes in my face like I'm not already dealing with enough." I stressed. Domonique reached across the table and grabbed my hand, immediately calming me down. She gave a small smile, and that's when I noticed that she had a small bruise on the side of her face like somebody had slapped the shit out of her.

"She did that?" I question, motioning towards the small bruise on her face. It really wasn't noticeable but it stood out to me.

"You don't have to put up with that. She could get dealt with today, just give me the say so and I'll make some calls." I said, watching as a tear fell from her eye. "It's okay. I'll handle it." She mumbled, but I didn't believe her at all. I'd tell her that I was right all along, but that wouldn't make anything better and it was obvious she was really hurt about it.
"Did something else happen?" I asked and she nodded. "But I don't want to talk about it. I'm not ready to." She said and I respected that so I didn't push it.

"I know it's probably not a good time to ask this, but are you single now? Or you still with her?" I ask and she laughed just like I thought she would, but I'm so serious right now. "Nah baby, I'm single." She says with a smirk.

"For real? You don't got no hoes on the side somewhere?" I ask, just for confirmation and she shook her head. "What are hoes?" She says, making me laugh.

"We should get married." I said and she raised a perfectly arched eyebrow. "I just got out of a relationship, I'm not ready for marriage," she said with a humorous smirk.

"Are you telling me no?" I asked and she looked down at her nails. "I think so." She said. "Domonique I'm not playing with you. We getting married," I said in all seriousness.

"No we're not." She stated.

"Marry me" I said, while glaring at her. I was silently daring her dumb ass to say no. "Can you ask nicely?" She says.

"Can you just say yes and stop being difficult?" I retorted, becoming frustrated. "Why should I marry you, Jordan?" She asked, propping her arm up on the table and resting her chin on her fist.

"Because I'm telling you that I want to get married. So you can't say no." I said and she laughed. "Nah, I need a real reason."

I smacked my lips, staring at her in annoyance. "Because I can't think of another bitch that I love more than you." I said. "And what else?"

"And you give good head." I said, making people look at us and she gasped, reaching across the table and playfully pushing me. "Why would you say that so loud? Fucking asshole. I was about to say yes, but I change my mind." She said.

"Dom you're the love of my life, and I don't want to be with anyone but you. Honest to God." I stated while staring dead in her eyes so she would believe me. "You're so sweet." She mumbled, leaning across the table to kiss me and I allowed her to do so.

"I guess I'll marry you. Ion got shit else to do," she shrugged making me smile as I kissed her repeatedly.

"I love you" she said once I pulled away from her. "I love you more lil nigga." I said.

Only 2 more chapter left.