Chapter 9

Domonique

I picked up my blue lighter and lit my blunt. I took a long pull, letting the smoke invade my lungs before releasing it in the air causing a big cloud to form. It was 3 in the morning and I had school in a few hours but I couldn't sleep because Jordan was on my mind heavy.

I thought smoking would help, but it's only making this shit worse. It's making me think about how she used to look at me and how we used to fuck daily.

Maybe it's not her I was attatched to, but the sex. Nah, it's both. Jordan was different from most of the niggas I've been with, but the same too. She's insecure but she's a dog too. I be trying to tell myself not to trip off what she does, but I can't help it. I want her to myself but I know that will never happen.

Jordan is a different breed, she doesn't fall in love easy because of her past.

The very first time we fucked, I caught feelings. I knew I shouldn't of came over but I was eager to see her. I needed to.

Hearing my doorbell ring, I stood up from my spot with my blunt hanging from my lips. I opened the door, coming face to face with my cousin, Jada.

I took a step back, allowing her to come in. She closed the door behind her and I looked at her, seeing tears streaming from her eyes. I put my blunt in the ashtray and pulled her into me.

She began to sob uncontrollably and I rubbed her back to comfort her. As time went by, she calmed down some. I pulled back and wiped her eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"You better not be crying over Alex again." I said.

"I just want her to want me how I want her." she said, quietly.

"Fuck her. You don't need her. Baby, you're perfect. Anybody would be lucky to have you." I said.

"But she's all I want. Why can't she see that?"

"Because she's dumb and doesn't realize that you're all she needs. You gotta stop crying over these niggas and start killing they asses." I said, making her laugh even though I was dead serious.

"What would I do without you?" she said before laying her head on my shoulder.

"Ain't no telling." I said, quietly and she looked up at me.

"Why are you up?" she asked.

"I can't sleep." I said.

She nodded before sitting up straight. "Donny told me you cut him off."

I rolled my eyes thinking about my ex. "He knew it wasn't going to work out. Football is his number one priority." I said.

"So who you fucking with now?" she asked.

I smiled, debating on if I should tell her or not.

"He better not be a fuckboy." she said.

"It's not a boy." I said.

She raised a eyebrow, "Fucking finally. What's her name?"

"Jordan."

She frowned, "Brooks?"

"Yeah. How you know her?"

"Everybody knows Jordan's fine ass. Her sexy ass could get it anytime." she said before sticking her tongue out and I squinted my eyes at her, silently daring her to say it again.

She caught onto the look I was giving her and laughed. "I'm playing with you."

"Have y'all fucked yet?" she asked.