Chapter 23

Jordan

I was sitting on the bed with Assyria next to me watching cartoons while eating a bowl of cereal. Domonique was doing her hair at her vanity, preparing to go somewhere.

Shit had been weird between us lately. Like, I know she knows I've been fucking Nala but she hasn't confronted me about it yet so now every time I'm with Nala, I be so paranoid because I think Domonique gon pop up out of nowhere.

Just earlier she cried because I told her she was gaining weight, and she fucking threw a chinese throwing star at me but luckily she missed. I'll never know where she's been getting all those knives and shit from.

I drank the milk from my cereal and waited for Assyria to do the same before I took both of the bowls into the kitchen. "I'm getting ready to go. I'll call you later." Dom says and I nodded, not even bothering to look at her. "Be safe." I called over my shoulder and in response, I heard the door slam indicating that she had left.

When I turned around Assyria was climbing into the chair with my phone in her hand. I opened the refrigerator looking for something else to eat and when I saw there was nothing, I closed it shut and sighed.

"Ma" Assyria calls, causing me to look over my shoulder at her. She was holding my phone out to me and I took it from her seeing Nala was calling me.

"Wassup?" I ask, leaning against the counter. "Come over."

"I can't. I got my daughter." I tell her and the line went silent so I pulled the phone back from my ear to see if she was still on the line. "Nala?" I say, waiting for her response. "Sorry. It's still hard for me to believe that you have a daughter with her." She says.

I hate how she envies Domonique because I married her, and stayed with her when she fucked up. Nala can't stand the fact that Dom had my daughter. It doesn't make sense to me because I have a son with her. It's the same situation minus the fact that I'm married to Dom.

"I'll come through as soon as Domonique comes home. Ight?" I say, smoothly changing the subject. "Okay." She says before hanging up and I gave the phone back to Assyria so she could continue playing on it while I searched for something to eat.

Almost two hours later Domonique was walking in holding shopping bags in one hand and takeout in the other. She looked like she was struggling so I took the bags from her and carried them to the kitchen to put them on the granite counter top. I made an attempt to kiss her lips but she moved her head to side, causing my lips to land on her cheek.

"What's your problem, Dom? You been acting real different lately." I stated as I watched her kiss Assyria's cheek and hug her tightly. She whispered something to Assyria, causing her to giggle and I watched as she left the kitchen leaving me and Domo alone.

"I'm acting different? Nigga you barely come home and you're always texting on your phone. We don't even speak to each other anymore!" She stressed and I ran a hand down my face. "I be trying to talk to you, but it always turns into an argument. Plus you keep throwing knives an shit." I said.

She rolled her eyes to the whites and tried to leave but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me. "I'm tired of arguing with you, baby. I'm sorry for whatever I did." I apologized, trying to take the highroad and just dead whatever beef we had before she really try to kill me in my sleep or something.

"Okay." She said, trying to pull out of my grasp but I wouldn't let her. I could tell she was getting annoyed but I honestly don't give a fuck. "Let me go, Jordan." She demands and instead of listening to her, I planted a kiss on the side of her neck. "Say you forgive me." I say, kissing her lips this time and for a second I could've sworn she smiled.

"Move!" She demands again. I wondered why she was even telling me what to do like I was gon listen to her or something. "I forgive you, Jordan." She says, realizing I wasn't going to let her go. "I love you baby." I say to her, looking in her eyes so she would know I meant it.

I really do love Domonique a lot. Probably more than I loved Nala which is why I stayed when Dom fucked up. "There's something I need to tell you." She says as we stare in each others eyes.

"What is it?" I ask, getting nervous because she had this look in her eyes like she was scared I would hit her or something. "If it's bad, don't even tell me." I said. I didn't want to slip up and hit her. I hate putting my hands on her but she pushes me to that point.

"I have to tell you." She insists and I pulled a chair out for her to sit down while I leaned against the counter, waiting for her to speak.

"I'm--" my phone started ringing so I didn't hear the rest of what she said. "Hold on." I say as I accept the call from Nala. "What?" I said, watching Domonique play with her fingers like she was nervous about something. "You said you'd be here. Got me in the mood and you playing." She snaps and I chuckled.

"I'll be there." Was all I said before hanging up.

"Baby we can talk about this another time, can't we?" I say as I slide my phone in my pocket. She nodded her head before kissing my lips and taking her bags to the bedroom.

***

Nala

"I forgot how good your sex is." I admitted as I pulled the comforter over my body. Jordan looked over at me and smirked before she kissed my cheek and pulled me on top of her.

I could tell she was stressing and it was really bothering me because I couldn't understand why she was wasting her time stressing over her wife. "Nigga, get out your feelings." I say to her.

"I'm not in my feelings." She mumbled before she kissed my lips twice. "I just can't stop thinking about how this gon affect her." She says and I rolled my eyes as I climbed off of her and started to dress myself.

"Nala don't start acting up. She's my wife, and I love her. I can't keep doing her like this." Jordan stressed as she watched me intently. "You said the same thing two weeks ago, but look where you are now." I said, gesturing towards my bed and she chuckled.

"I like fucking you." She admits. "There's something about you that got me addicted to you. Ion know what it is." She says.

I didn't know if I should be flattered by that or not, but it was cute of her to say such a thing.

"And how many bitches have you said that to?" I ask, placing my hand on my hip as she sat up and pulled her shirt on. "Just you." She said, putting her jeans back on followed by her shoes.

I frowned, realizing she was about to go when I didn't want her to. "I'll talk to you some other time. Don't text me cause I'm not gon respond." She says as she pulls on a hoodie and I raised a eyebrow as I eyed her. "Nigga if I text you I better get a fucking text back. Unless you want me to pop up on you." I said.

"You not my bitch, Nala. All that shit ain't necessary." She says, seeming irritated. Even though she was saying all this, in my mind we were back together. If she thinks she's leaving I'll kill her.

"Like I said. I better get a fucking text back." I snapped and she looked me over before brushing past me and leaving but not before saying bye to Noah.

I swear to God if she's playing me imma blow her fucking car up. I'm crazy, I'll really do that shit.