Chapter 21

Assyria Brooks

"Why aren't you married yet?" I asked my godfather while he made us a grilled cheese sandwich. I was making kool-aid and asking a thousand questions. It wasn't anything new seeing as how I'm always asking questions because I'm a curious person.

"I haven't met that right one." He shrugged, flipping the sandwich over and maneuvering to the other side of the large kitchen where the plates were located in the cabinets. I added ice to the juice and poured us both a tall glass before putting it up inside the refrigerator.

"Have you ever been in love?" I asked, watching him cut my sandwich in half then do the same to his. I sat down and he put my plate in front of me before he tossed me a bag of chips and took his seat across from me.

"I don't think so. But there was this one person I've always cared for. We haven't spoke in years, but if she were to call me up right now and say she needed me I'd be there." He explained and I opened my bag of chips, dumping them on my plate beside my sandwich.

"So wassup wit you? You going back to college any time soon?" He asked and I shook my head. "I have a bunch of photoshoots coming up and I'll be busier than ever. School would only complicate things, but I do plan on going back." I said.

I attended UCLA for two years to run track and major in sociology, all while trying to become a model and when I succeeded in that I dropped out. I had the option of going to work whenever I wanted and they were paying a lot. Modeling was something I've always been interested in and since that night at Dakota's condo a while back, I'd made up my mind that I was going to do it.

"You're still young so don't rush into anything." He said as I bit into my grilled cheese. I glanced down at my phone, expecting a text from Dakota seeing as how I had been calling and texting her all day. She got me fucked up and I was seconds away from sending her that 'goodnight' text even though it was somewhere around six in the afternoon.

"Hurry up and finish eating. I got company coming." My godfather said as he finished off his sandwich. He chugged down his juice and got up from the table, probably going to change out of his lounging clothes.

I sighed and glanced down at my phone, seeing she had finally texted back saying she was sleep and I rolled my eyes to the whites knowing she was lying. I left her dumb ass on read and tucked my phone in my purse as I got up from the island to put the dishes in the sink.

After straightening up and gathering my belongings I made my way to the living room to say goodbye to my father.

**

I held my hand out and looked at the ring on my finger, trying to decide on if I liked the ring enough to buy it. "Can I see more of the bracelets?" I asked while taking the ring off and putting it down on the glass countertop.

"Sure" the woman smiled, leading the way to the back of the store where the most expensive jewelry was. After looking around for a half hour I had finally made up my mind and spent $30k on a bracelet and necklace.

I thanked the lady and left from the building, getting my keys out of my purse as I approached my matte pink Ferrari. "Yo, baby what's your name?" I heard someone say.

I glanced in the direction I'd heard the voice where a group of niggas stood around. One of them approached me and leaned against my vehicle while smiling brightly. The boy looked familiar, but I couldn't remember where I knew him from.

"I'm Sebastian." He said with a smile, his eyes roaming my body. "Nigga get the fuck off my car." I snapped causing him to throw his hands up in surrender and lean off of my car. "What's your name?" He asked me.