Chapter 14

Dakota Agustin

I tucked my glock away after shooting down a group of niggas that were in the warehouse preparing drugs. I pushed my curls out of my face as I took the duffle bag that was filled with cash and draped it along my shoulder just as my phone began ringing.

I pulled it from my pocket to see Aiden was calling me. "You moved back home without telling me?" He questioned, sounding frustrated.

"I ju need time to get everything under control here. I gotta make sure ma straight, you know?" I say as I opened the car door and tossed the bag of money inside.

"Ju be smart, fam. Ion need to lose you too." He said and I got in the car and left from the scene. "Did something happen between you and Assyria? She's been acting weird lately." He said causing my eyebrows to push up. "Weird how? She not depressed is she?" I asked and Aiden chuckled. "Nah, she ju ain't been fucking with nobody. She all isolated and shit." He explained and I nodded as I looked around at my surroundings to make sure I wasn't being followed.

"I said a whole bunch of shit I didn't mean, and I can't stop thinking about how hurt she looked. You think I should call her?" I asked. The bitch in me was coming out and I was all in my feelings because I knew Assyria was hurt. I do love her. I was ju mad at the time and broke up with her for no apparent reason.

"Yes, you dumb ass. I don't know why you let her sexy ass go in the first place. You must not know how many other niggas want her." Aiden said, and up until now that was something I had never thought about. "If she wanted a different nigga she would've got one. Assyria ain't the type to be chasing niggas anyway." I said, trying to convince myself that she wouldn't go and get a new nigga. I wasn't looking for a new bitch so I felt like she should wait until I come back in a few years so we can be together again.

I honestly couldn't see myself with no other bitch, all of them were wack compared to her. I liked her mindset, how she was only worried about school and what I be doing when I'm not with her. It was ju the vibe that she gave off that I really fucked with.

When I pulled up in front of my mothers home I reached in the backseat so I could get some cash out. I got out the car with my hands full with wads of cash. "Mama where you at?" I called once I got inside.

"I'm in here. Why you being so loud?" She says, coming into view and I smiled before kissing her cheek and handing her the money. "What's this for?" She asked and I shrugged, walking into the kitchen and sitting at the island. There was a plate of cookies sitting out and without thinking about it I reached for one, burning myself in the process.

"Mhmm, that's exactly what you get." Mama says, coming in and opening the refrigerator. She poured us both a glass of milk and sat down while staring at me like she had something to ask.

"Who was that girl I spoke to on the phone? She seemed nice." She says as I bit into the chocolate chip cookie. "Assyria" I responded and she gave me a look like she wanted me to talk more about her and so I did.

"You love this girl, Dakota?" She asked, and I nodded. "Then what did you go and do that dumb shit for?" She said and I shrugged my shoulders because I honestly didn't have an answer.

"Ju try to fix it, okay? I'd love to meet her one day." She smiled.

I was starting to miss Assyria more and more. I had plans to call her later tonight when I wasn't busy.

                       Assyria Brooks

I held my books up to my chest as I walked through the hallway, wanting to get this day over with so I could go home and sleep. I kept thinking about Dakota and as much as I tried not to I couldn't.

I was so mad at her and part of me wanted to catch a flight to Atlanta so I could shoot her dog ass, but the other part wanted her to come back so we could chill together. She was my only friend so now I be all bored and shit.

"Damn ma, looking like a whole dinner and shit" Marcus exclaimed as he approached me. "Boy that's a five course meal." One of his friends chimed in, licking his lips. He had to be somewhere around six feet with a fade and pretty brown eyes. His arms were covered in tattoos and for some reason I found that attractive.

"I'm Zion what's your name?" He asked, giving a smile that made me blush. "Back up nigga, this my wife right here. Ain't that right baby?" Marcus says, draping his arm over my shoulder and I mugged him, making Zion laugh.

"So you fronting me now? That's what we doing?" Marcus asks, pretending to be hurt by clutching onto his chest like I had broke his heart. "Nigga move so I can go to class." I said, about to walk off but Zion stopped me.

"You never did tell me your name." He said as he stared down at me. "It's Assyria." I responded and he cracked a smile, "Yeah? I like that." He said.

"We should link after school or something." Marcus suggested and Zion nodded, agreeing with him. "Yeah we can do that. Just text me." I said before walking away to get to class.

The school year was finally coming to an end and I couldn't wait to be up out this bitch so I can do something more productive with my life. That talk I had with Ma the other day motivated me to focus on one thing and that was money. I was born rich, but I wanted to make my own money just to say I did it.

**

"I spent the night over her house and we was fucking back to back all night. Her mama walked in, seen my dick and was trynna fuck me too." Marcus said, making both me and Zion laugh. Dude was fucking hilarious and the whole time we've been here at In and Out, he's been making me laugh.

"I swear bitches mamas be wit the shits" Zion added and Marcus reached across the table to dap him up. I scrunched my face up as I stared at them both. "That's nasty as fuck. Why y'all out here fucking hoes mamas? What if another nigga fucked yo mama?" I questioned, sliding the basket of fries to me so I could finish them off.

"If my mama want some dick, she could fuck whoever she want. What can I do to stop her?" Marcus questions and Zion chuckled. "Nigga you high. If a nigga fuck my mama imma kill his ass. Ion give a fuck if she wanted that shit or not." Zion said.

"You see what I'm saying?" I said with a smirk as I stared at Zion. He seemed bothered by this subject and I found it humorous to see him upset. "But ain't no nigga gon kill me. I'm really out here thuggin lil mama" he says to me, lifting his shirt to show the glock that rested in his waistband.

That was the first time I'd ever seen a gun and I admired how the silver metal glistened. "Can I hold it?" I asked causing him and Marcus to laugh. "That ain't a toy." Marcus said, stating the obvious.

"Do you even know how to hold one?" Zion asked and I shook my head, watching as he fixed his shirt so the gun was no longer visible. "I'll show you how to hold it later." He said just as my phone began ringing.

I pulled it out to see Dakota was calling and felt my whole demeanor change. "I'll be back." I said to them as I slid out the booth and went outside so I could take the call.

"What the fuck do you want?" I questioned dryly and I heard her smack her lips. "I miss you" she said.

"Oh" I dryly responded. "Assyria I ain't mean that shit I said to you. I love you baby. You know that. Can you ju forgive me?" She said and as much as I wanted to believe her and tell her that it was okay I couldn't.

I was really hurt and spent a whole week crying over her stupid ass. She looked me dead in my eyes and told me she didn't love me, but she wanted me to take her back? Fuck that, and fuck her.

"You chose the game over me so it's fuck you nigga. I never want to speak to you again. Forget you even knew me" I said before hanging up on her. I tucked my phone away and went back into the building where Marcus and Zion were laughing loud as hell, making people look their way.

They were both coo as hell and I could see myself rocking with them. I needed more male friends anyway because bitches were sneaky and I couldn't fuck with them.