Chapter 7

Jordan

I looked at the text from my father and smiled before texting him back, telling him I'd be over to check on him as soon as I get up and start moving around. I slid my phone into the pocket of my Nike shorts and ran my fingers through my curly hair before glancing at Domonique. She seemed to be in deep thought about something.

"What is this?" Domonique asked and I looked at her, wondering what she was talking about. She caught onto the look I was giving her and sat up, letting me know this talk was about to get serious.

"I don't want to get too attatched to somebody who's gon hurt me in the long run." she said and I stared at her, trying to think of something to say.

"I'm not ready for all that. I don't want to put all my trust into you, only for you to have me out here looking stupid." I said.

"I'm not her." she said.

"Every bitch is the same in my eyes." I said.

She rolled her eyes before getting up and putting her shirt on, followed by her jeans, then her sandals.

"Why you leaving?"

"Why would I waste my time and stay when you don't feel the same way I do?"

"I never said I didn't like you. I just don't want to hurt you." I said.

"Bullshit Jordan. Just be honest and tell me how you feel. That's all I want."

"I honestly don't know how I feel, if I feel anything."

"Admit that your scared, Jordan. Be real about it." she snapped.

"Okay fine, I'm scared, aight? I'm scared you gon do the same thing she did." I said, slightly raising my voice.

"Jordan, I'm not her." I said.

"Stop saying that shit. Eventually you gon leave like she did so stop acting like you won't." I snapped.

"What I feel for you is real. If you don't feel the same way it's coo. I'm not trippin. This has happened too many times for me to actually care this time." she said.

Truth is, I might have a thing for her. The very first time we fucked she had me in my feelings after. When she's around, she makes me forget about everything I'm going through and when she smiles at me it makes my stress go away.

She proceeded to walk away and I grabbed her wrist, stopping her from going anywhere. "Don't leave. I like having you around."

She looked over her shoulder at me, "I have shit to do. I'll call you later." she said before snatching out my grip. I sat on the edge of the bed and put my head in my hands.

**

"I'm here" I say as I closed the door with my foot. My father was sitting on the couch with his back to me, watching music videos on BET.

Figuring he was asleep, I walked further into the living room and grabbed the remote off the table to turn it down before looking at my father. His eyes were closed and his mouth was slightly ajar. I glanced down at my phone, seeing Domonique was calling me. I put my phone on silent before sliding it into my pocket.

Just as I was about to turn to leave, I noticed a needle sticking out of his forearm and I sighed, hoping he passed out and wasn't dead.

"Daddy, wake up." I say while tapping his shoulder and he didn't move.

"I'm serious pops, wake up." I said. Again, I got no reaction.

I stared at him, wondering why he would leave me when I needed him.