Chapter 12

Jordan

Even though I knew Domonique was cheating, I wasn't ready for all the  thoughts and emotions that come with heartbreak. There was no possible way for me to cope with it. Popping pills wouldn't solve anything and I didn't want to go back to my old ways because she's honestly all I want.

Yeah, I been tripping lately but I love Domonique with everything in me. She promised she wouldn't do it again and maybe it was stupid of me to believe her but I can't help it. I'm in love and I'm scared to lose her. We been together four years. That's not something I can just throw away and I can't make myself stop caring about her cause I always will.

I thought it would be easy to move past this but now all I can think about is another nigga between her legs. I really don't see how it could've been an accident but she said she didn't want to do it. If she was raped she would've took it more serious which leads me to believe that she lied, again.

"I'm tired of y'all depressed asses." Johanna says, referring to me and Alex. The whole time we been here in this restaurant I haven't been able to think about nothing but Domonique. "Shut the fuck up, Johanna. You never had your heart broke so you don't know how this feels." Alex says as she eats her ice cream sundae she ordered. They began to argue back and forth until the waitress came back to ask if we needed anything else but I knew she was only trying to see if I changed my mind on getting her number.

"Can I get you anything else, baby?" The waitress asked me. "Nah, I'm good." I said, smiling politely at her causing her to blush and fumble with the pen and notepad she was holding. I got the pen that fell and gave it to her. "Thank you." She mumbled before she scurried away.

"So what's wrong with you, daddy?" Johanna asks me once the waitress was out of view and I shook my head. "Nothing, I'm good." I mumble as I stare down at my ice cream that was slowly starting to melt.

"I never thought she would really leave. That's why I used to do all that shit to her." Alex mumbles. "Y'all are starting to make me sad too. This was supposed to be fun." Johanna says as she eats her ice cream with a sad expression on her face.

I stare out the window until I see a nice ass car pull up. A man got out the car and walked around to the passengers side of the car and opened the door for a woman. He looked familiar as fuck, I just couldn't put my finger on it yet. The woman he was with appeared to be fine as fuck from behind. Her hair was flat ironed to perfection and the fitted dress she wore complemented her body very well.

I looked away from the window and down at my phone. I pick it up and dial my mothers number. To my surprise, she answered on the first ring.

"Hey baby, I was just thinking about you. Are you okay?" she asks and I smile a little, "I'm good ma." I say. "No you're not, I can hear it in your voice. Come on over and talk to me." she said. "I planned to. I just didn't know if you were home or not." I responded. "Yeah, I'm here. I'll be expecting you so don't keep me waiting long. Love you." she says and before I could even say it back, the line went dead.

When I looked at Alex and Johanna they were both holding in a laugh and I made a confused face, wondering what was funny. As if they couldn't hold it any longer, they both burst out laughing. I watch in annoyance as Alex holds her stomach and slaps the table while she laughs hard as hell.

"What's funny?" I dryly question, watching Johanna push tears away. "Nigga, you just sat here and called yo mom. That's how I know you really going through something." Alex said, still laughing and I rolled my eyes. "Your face was just real funny. You looked sad as fuck." Johanna says and I squint my eyes at them both.

"There wasn't shit funny about that." I mumble and out the corner of my eye I saw that woman I was looking at walk in. I couldn't see her face because of the angle I was sitting at and I didn't want to make it obvious that I was staring at her fine ass.