Chapter 11

Dakota Agustin

I was at home laying on my back as I stared up at the ceiling, thinking about what me and Assyria had talked about. What she said made a lot of sense and I was starting to wonder if my dad even cared about me. Not once did he ask how I felt about this situation. I was contemplating moving back to Atlanta and I'd definitely do it, only my brother would still be here and I had to look after him.

Not only that, but I was starting to like Assyria on a deeper level and didn't want to leave because I was already too involved with her.

I sat up and grabbed the camera off my nightstand, going through all the pictures of Assyria that I had took the other day. That girl is blessed as far as beauty goes and it made me wonder what her mother looked like.

In most of the pictures she had this look in her eyes that displayed so many emotions and I wondered how I didn't peep the way she was looking at me when I was taking the pictures.

I put the camera down when I heard knocking on the front door. I grabbed my glock and slowly crept into the living room. I looked through the peep hole but couldn't see anything because somebody had their hand over it.

I took my gun off safety and pulled the door open, coming face to face with my fathers security guards. I smacked my lips and tucked my gun away as I stared at them both. "The fuck y'all want?" I questioned.

"Cyan sent us to come and get you, so let's go." The taller one spoke up. I never did learn their names partly because I didn't care to. "I'm not going." I said, about to close the door until he said, "It's his birthday and he wants to spend time with you. Stop being difficult and come on," he said, getting annoyed with me and I smirked, growing amused with how annoyed he just got.

"What's your name?" I asked, observing the little man beside him who wore a expensive looking tuxedo and dress shoes. "Joshua." He said, squinting his eyes from the sun being in his face. "And who are you?" I asked the short one.

"Sven." He responded, pulling a pair of sunglasses from his pocket and putting them on. "Do I have to dress up for this event? Or should I go in casual attire?" I asked, looking down at the ripped jeans I wore.

"You look decent. Ju come on." Joshua said and after I grabbed my phone from my room I followed them to the black SUV that was parked out front.

**

"So good to see you here." My dad smiled, pulling me into a hug and I remained stiff, making the hug awkward. "I need to talk to you later on, so don't try to leave." He said sternly so I'd take him serious. "Okay." I said, watching him walk towards a group of people that stood around talking.

I went into the kitchen where my brother stood with his back to me, mixing different types of alcohol in his Gatorade bottle. "Have you talked to Dad yet? Or are you still avoiding him?" I questioned, getting a cup and filling it half way up with Hennessey and a little bit of coke.

"Nah, I talked to him." Aiden responded, shaking the bottle up and drinking some to test it. "He agreed to stop being so judgemental and I agreed to build a relationship with him." He said.

"It only took three years." I said sarcastically before drinking some of my alcohol. "We'll be back on bad terms in a few weeks, just watch." He said just as a group of women walked in talking amongst themselves.

I was getting bored and wanted to be with my baby right now, but my dad wanted to speak to me so here I was.

After three hours his get together was finally over and I was eager to leave. I was starving and refused to eat any of the food the maid fixed because of what happened last time. Aiden had left an hour ago to meet up with some friends and I had went up to my old room so I could talk to Assyria in peace.