Chapter 20

Aiden Agustin

I slammed my car door shut after getting out and put my shades on as I walked towards the entrance of the building. Noah insisted that we talk and I wasn't even about to come, but I decided to take the high road and be mature. 

"Where can I find Noah Brooks?" I asked the receptionist and she looked up at me, giving a smile that I returned. "I think he's still in a meeting. Let me check." She says, turning towards her computer. I felt my phone vibrate against my thigh and grew annoyed because it was the same private number that had been blowing my line up since yesterday.

"He should be out any second now. You're more than welcomed to sit in the lounge." She said and I leaned against the counter, running my tongue over my lips as my eyes raked over her body in the fitted dress she wore.

"You look beautiful today ma." I said, and she blushed while flipping her long hair over her shoulder. It didn't take much to charm her up, and I didn't even have to ask for her number. "Yo, Aiden" I could hear Noah say and I leaned off the counter as he approached me.

He was dressed in a designer tux, and this was the first time I'd saw him dressed up in years. He had a clean line up and I noticed his beard was growing back. His bright brown eyes stood out, along with his smile. Noah really was a beautiful ass nigga, and everything about him was attractive.

"Ight Brandy, be safe." Noah called over his shoulder as we walked side by side out of the building. "What we bout to do?" I asked as we both climbed into my new Audi I had ju copped the other day.

"I need to go home and change. My dick suffocating in these pants." He complained as he rolled his window down to spit. "You barely dress up these days. Keep it on," I say as I pulled off.

We both grew silent, too caught up in our thoughts to make conversation. I had been thinking about the talk we had and I was considering ju killing Zion to get this shit over with, but I knew I had to be smart and actually think this shit through or it would backfire. I didn't need that shit in my life right now.

I pulled my phone from my pocket after stopping at the red light so I could call Dakota to see where she was. "Wassup brudda?" She says once she picked up.

"You at the spot?" I asked, glancing over at Noah while he texted on his phone. "Nah, I'm wit my shawty. Is everything coo?" She questioned.

"I need to talk to you bout something." I said, pushing down on the gas as soon as the light turned green. "Come to Assyria's spot." She said, "Imma be pulling up real soon so make sure the door unlocked." I say before hanging up.

"Only black people steal yo shit, then wear it in front of you." Noah says, motioning towards the watch on my wrist. I had stole it from him a long time ago and he was just now noticing. "Nigga this mine now. You shouldn't have left it at my place." I shrugged, turning onto the street Assyria lives on. All the houses were big as hell, and mostly old people with money lived out here.

"Come on." I said as I unlocked the doors but he continued to text on his phone. "Hold on, my dad calling." He said as he got out and sat on the hood of my car.

As I was walking I felt something hit my back, and I turned around to see Noah grinning as he held his phone up to his ear. I glanced down at the ground, realizing he had thrown a rock and I would've thrown it back, but I didn't want to risk hitting my new car.

"Wassup" I say when I got inside. They were both sitting up watching reruns of Martin with a variety of snacks scattered around on the table. I sat on the couch that was adjacent from the one they occupied and started watching Martin also.

"Dad wanna talk to you" Noah said loudly when he got inside and Assyria sat up and extended her hand for Noah to give her the phone. "I miss you, I'm coming over tomorrow just to let you know." She says as she gets up and walks towards the back of her home.

Dakota and Noah slapped hands, making small talk while I opened up some cookies. "So what we need to talk about?" Dakota asked after she and Noah had finished talking.

I looked to Noah to explain what he told me to her because I had forgot what was going on. I ju knew Zion had to be dealt with asap.

"Ju give the nigga his girl and daughter." Dakota said when Noah had finished explaining everything to her. "Nah, he's abusive and might fuck around and kill them both. His daughter calling me daddy anyway, so he couldn't of been that good of a father." I shrugged.

"Either that or she be having a lot of niggas around." Noah spoke up and Dakota nodded, silently agreeing with him.

"I feel like the whole thing a setup. Be more observant of the shit Ambreiya says and does." Dakota said. "And I'll call Zion to meet up so we can give them back. Or not. Whichever you decide." Noah added.

"I'll text both of you later tonight." I said, preparing to end the conversation. "Did Assyria cook?" I asked and she shook her head. "We were bout to order a pizza." She responded.

"Ight. I'm bout to go." I said, standing up. "Be safe brudda." She said as we slapped hands.

I looked to Noah, wondering why he was still sitting there when I had announced that we were leaving. "Do you want a ride?" I asked him.

"Assyria still has my phone." He responded as I walked towards the door to leave. He has five minutes before I pull off and leave his ass here. While I was waiting I pulled my phone from my pocket and responded to the various texts from hoes I had been entertaining recently.

                      Dakota Agustin

"I ju pulled up, baby. Imma take a shower, then call you right back." I said as I got out my car and walked towards the condo I rented. I spent a decent amount on a hotel that I only stayed one night in, and since I haven't been occupying the room they assumed I didn't need it anymore. Hotels weren't really my thing anyway.

"Okay. Love you" she said. "Love you too" I say before ending the call and tucking my phone away.

I went to use my key to get inside, but stopped when I realized it was open. I felt along the wall for the light switch and flicked it up seeing Jahde casually flipping through a magazine and sipping on a glass of wine.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I grew confused wondering why she was here and how she even knew where I was.

"Do you remember when we first met, and you told me that you weren't like anybody I'd ever met before?" She asked, sitting the glass on a coaster and closing the magazine up. "Yeah" I responded, not seeing where she was going with this.

"You were right. I've never met anybody as heartless as you. I don't see how you could lie to me, and lead me on for as long as you did. You did it with ease, and now I'm wondering if you even love me the way you say you do." She said, finally looking at me showing the tears that had escaped her eyes and flowed freely down her cheeks.

"I wasn't leading you on." I said, watching as she got up from the couch and approached me looking as if she wanted to slap me. "Then what were you doing, Dakota? Huh? You had three other bitches on the side, then I find out that you're here with some other bitch." She said, slapping me hard as fuck and I took a deep breath, feeling the whole right side of my face start to sting.

"I understand you mad, but that shit wasn't necessary." I explained, trying to remain calm as I stared into her emotionless eyes.

"So does she fuck you better me? Is she prettier than me?" She questioned, crossing her arms over her chest and raising a perfectly arched eyebrow. I didn't want to answer that question so I brushed past her, going into the bedroom so I could prepare to go to sleep.

"Answer my question." She demanded as I sat on the edge of the bed to pull my shoes off, ignoring her once again. "Stop acting like you don't hear me" Jahde snapped, grabbing my face to get me to look at her. Her gaze lowered down to my lips briefly before her eyes finally met mine. "You should ju let this shit go, ma. We can talk in the morning, ight?" I said, trying to reason as I moved her hands away from my face.

"Fine" she scoffed, walking out of the bedroom and I laid back, running my fingers through my curls as I thought about how complicated shit was about to get for me.