Taking Care Of Him

Zak and I finally make it home. I roll in the house and smile. I felt Rosie standing next to me. "Welcome home baby." I tell her. "Who are you talking to?" Zak asks me.  "Rosie." I answer him.  "Where is she?" He asks me.  "Standing next to me." I tell him. "Have her push you to the kitchen." He says wanting proof she's here. "Baby, can you push mommy to the kitchen?" I ask her softly. I then felt myself start rolling to the kitchen. I look at Zak and wave to him. "I don't like this at all."  "Get use to it." I stop at the fridge. I open it and get out a rootbeer. I then roll myself to the couch. "I'm going to lay down. I'm not feeling well."  "I'll come up with you." I tell him. "Alright." He comes over and picks me up. He slowly carries me up to the stairs. He then goes down and carries my chair up. "He's sick." Rosie tells me. "How did he get sick?"  "The weather." She tells me. Zak sets the chair down and goes into bed. I get in bed with him and hold him close to me. 

I wake up to hearing Zak in the bathroom throwing up. My poor baby. I get up and get on the floor and slide down the stairs. I go to the fridge and get a bottle of sprit and water. I grab the bread and make him some toast. I try standing on my legs feeling the tingle and pins on my feet. It hurt. The toast pops up and I butter it and put it in a bag for him. I grab a small grocery bag from under the sink and put all the stuff inside. I go to the stairs and crawl up one by one. I stop and take a break seeing I was only at the middle. I go up and crawl into the bathroom to see Zak laying on the wall in his red boxers. "Baby." He moans. "What are you doing up?"  "I brought you some water." I hand him my bag. He looks inside and sees all the food. "You went down stairs and made me toast?" He gives me a weak smile.  "Yes." I smile back at him. "How did you do that?"  "I stood up and did it."  "You walked?"  "No, I just leaned against the counter."  "How did you get up the stairs?"  "I crawled. One by one."  "Harley." He smiles at me.  "Now drink up." He takes out the water and slowly drinks it.  "I can't  believe you did this for me."  "I'll do anything for you." I smile and kiss his cheek. "Baby I love you."  "I love you." I felt his head to feel he was hot. "We need to take you to the doctor." I tell him.  "We can't. It's one in the morning." He says as he takes a bite of toast. "He has the flu." Rose tells me.  "The flu?" I ask her.  "Yes, and strep throat."  "What is she saying?" He sighs.  "You have the flu and strep." I explain.  His eyes went wide. "You can really hear her can't you?"  "Yes."  "My throat does hurt. There's no way you could have know that."  "She told me. You think I was just lying to you?"  "I didn't know you could hear spirits."  "We are connected."  "Yeah, I see that."  "Can she stay?"  "Yes baby she can." He eats his toast. I lay on the opposite wall and watch him. I watch as he began to shake and lunge to the toilet. He lost all of it and flushed the toilet. "I'm not going to be able to go with the guys."  "Where were you going?" "Out to eat." He tells me. He leans back on the wall and looks at me. "I still can't believe you went downstairs and got all of this for me. You can't even walk and you did this."  "I'll do anything for you Zak."  "God, I love you." He hold my hand.  "I love you Zachary." I smile at him. "How am I going to get you to therapy?"  "Aaron can take me or I won't go. I can stay home and take care of you." I tell him.  "Your not missing therapy."  "But I want to take care of you. I never get to take are of you."  "Harley, I know you love me. You do not, you will not, put off walking to take care of me. Do you understand me?"  "Yes." I nod my head. Zak started shivering. "Are you cold?"  "Now I am. Is Rose here or something?"  "I don't know where she is. When did you strip down to your boxers?"  "When you were sleeping. I had hot flashes."  "Now your having cold." I tell him and crawl into the closet. "Harley, I can get it." He tells me and comes into the closet. For being sick he's extremely beautiful. "So you sleep in your boxers every night?"  "Pretty much. Sometimes I sleep naked. I can get away with it because you never wake up. I haven't slept naked since your accident though." He tells me. I smile at him and shake my head. I watch him get dressed then turn to me. "You haven't gone to the bathroom yet have you?"  "No."  "babe." He sighs and then smiles.  "Come on." He picks me up and helps me do my thing. I finish and sit in the bathroom with Zak in my arms. "I don't feel good." He mumbles.  "I know baby." I run my fingers through his hair. "I mean it. I hurt all over, my throat hurts, my stomach is so tender. I'm hot and cold. My head is hurting." He lists off to me. "Well when the doctors open we can go."  "Okay." He closes his eyes. I hold him close to me not letting him go. He falls asleep in my arms. My precious baby.