Stressful Times

Zak laid on that stiff hospital bed fast asleep. He seems to sleep through the pain, I know I would do the same. It breaks my heart seeing him so weak, so vulnerable, so broken. I wish that night never happened, I could care less what happened to me, he got the worst end of the stick. He's here because of me, if he didn't come to my rescue he wouldn't be here, then again I wouldn't be here on earth. "Harley?" Zak mumbles groggily. I look him in the eyes to see pain. "What is it, love?" I ask as I run my fingers through his hair. "I was just seeing where you were," he says as he pushes a button on the remote to raise the bed up. "Another nightmare?" I ask him softly. "Yeah, I just can't get it out of my head, just seeing you like that and knowing what he as up to. I want to kill him, I want him to suffer and pay for what he did to you." his sudden violence scared me. "Zak, he will get what is coming to him, you don't need to get yourself into trouble or hurt him." I try to reason with him.

"No, he needs to pay for what he did to you and me. He has ruined everything, this was supposed to be a good trip. We were supposed to get engaged, have a nice lockdown, have a nice romantic time while we were here. Now all of that is ruined because of him." he starts to grow angrier. "Zak, stop. I don't want you to get arrested for murder or anything, he's in jail now. He'll be incarcerated and get what he deserves." I try to reason with him.

"That's not enough!" he yells at me. I look at him baffled that he raised his voice to me. He's willing to hurt a man just to get revenge. I've never seen this side of him before. "You don't understand Harley, what he did to you is not acceptable. He deserves to die, to pay for what he did, to suffer." he gets darker and darker.

"Zak, stop this, you are gonna be thrown into jail if you keep talking like this. The cops already don't like you because of our age difference. I don't want them to have a reason to put you behind bars." I tell him the honest truth. Zak looked me in the eyes, I could see his true anger. "I don't care if I go to jail. As long as he gets what is coming then that's fine with me."

"So you're gonna throw away our chance of getting married? throw away the life we have together?" I say as tears start to fall slowly from my eyes.

"No, I don't want that to happen. Honestly, I wish I had more time to take care of him at the prison. I could have done more damage there." he talks to himself. He wants revenge no matter the cost, he wants him dead for his actions. "ZAK STOP!" I scream at him.

"NO, I'M GONNA MAKE SURE HE PAYS! WHAT HE DID TO YOU HE DESERVES TO DIE!"

"YEAH THEN YOU'LL GET INCARCERATED TOO! WE WON'T GET MARRIED, WE WON'T HAVE A FAMILY! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME, US OR ANYTHING ELSE! YOU JUST WANT YOUR FUCKING REVENGE."

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU? I STAYED BY YOUR SIDE WHILE YOU WERE IN THE HOSPITAL! I GAVE EVERYTHING UP! I TOOK CARE OF YOUR SELFISH ASS FOR MONTHS! I NEVER LEFT YOUR SIDE FOR A SECOND! YOU CAN'T EVEN STAY BY MY SIDE FOR A MINUTE! YOU DON'T CARE! I PUT MYSELF IN DANGER TO SAVE YOU! IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED I GOT STABBED! IF I DIDN'T DRAG HIM AWAY FROM YOU I WOULDN'T BE HERE! I'VE DONE EVERYTHING FOR YOU! YOU'RE A SELFISH LITTLE BRAT! YOUR TRAINED IN MEDICAL AND YOU DON'T EVEN CARE FOR ME AND YOU WANT A CAREER IN THIS? YOU WILL KILL ALL OF YOUR PATIENTS! YOU'RE GONNA KILL ME, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!" Zak yells taking all his anger out on me. I had tears running like rivers down my face. I couldn't believe he said all that to me. I grab my purse then look for my vape.

"YOU'RE LEAVING ME?!? YOU ARE GONNA LEAVE ME HERE WHILE I'M IN THE HOSPITAL?!?"

"I'M GONNA GO SMOKE AND RELIEVE MY STRESS YOU'RE CAUSING ME!"

"GREAT YOU'RE SMOKING AGAIN! REAL FUCKING NICE!"

"WHAT DO YOU CARE ZAK?" I storm out of the room. I walk down the long white hospital halls towards the exit. I notice it was raining outside as I stood in the doorway. Fuck it, I need a smoke break. I find a small bench next to the road then sit down. How could he get so upset over that? I'm trying to save him from jail time. He acts like I'm the bad guy, like I'm the one to blame, that staying out of jailis such a bad idea. What have I done to deserve that scolding? I take a hit of my vape then exhale letting all the smoke escape my lungs.