Chapter 71- Life💚

Katherine just stared at the couples around the room in shock, she had never expected the couples that had arisen in her absence but she was happy, they all seemed happier than she'd ever seen them, she suddenly felt a pair of warm arms circle her waist and leant back into Elijah's suit clad body, he kissed her curls with a smile adorning his luscious features. She swindled around so that they were face to face, smiling brightly. Being with him, in his arms made her feel happier than words could describe.

"Come for a walk with me?" He sounded tense but her smile lightened his emotions, warmth radiating through his eyes. She nodded vigorously and Elijah gripped her hand gently, guiding her away from the family room. Within the room, the members of the family exchanged wide smiles.

"Bella" Caroline sang as she sat beside the small brunette, everyone was curious as to what had happened on the hunting trip but everyone couldn't bring themselves to ask her, to see her face fall in sadness. Niklaus suddenly appeared beside his beloved, sliding her across into his lap and she rested her cheek to his chest. Being beside him comforted her which was what she needed after so long of not sleeping out of fear.

"Caroline" Isabella sighed in greeting, her voice sounded quiet and hoarse as though she'd not slept for days but nobody said anything about it.

"What's wrong?" The blonde questioned the youngest brunette.

"I'm just tired" she answered, half truly.

"Sleep then my darling" Niklaus whispered in her ear softly.

"Now? I can't, the Cullens are coming tomorrow and we have to get everything ready.." She started babbling her agenda for the day and Klaus placed his hand gently over her mouth. She sighed against his hand and he smiled as he noticed her eyelids flutter, before frowning when she forced them open sharply again, fear shimmering in her eyes.

"Sleep Izzy" Damon prompted, he couldn't understand why she was so reluctant to sleep, the blue eyed Salvatore grabbed the fluffy blanket that was on the chair beside him and threw it over Bella and Klaus, watching intently as Klaus tucked the warmth around her like a baby.

"It's okay love, sleep now" he whispered in her ear gently and her head fell to the side, resting upon his shoulder and her eyes fluttered closed. Klaus shifted her weight so that she would be more comfortable in his lap and stroked her hair.

"You two are adorable" a familiar voice remarked, they all looked up to see Katherine and Elijah reenter the room, their hands joined, Katherine's eyes were pinned on Bella in a protective manner.

"Thank you" Niklaus answered earnestly, he was happy that people approved of his relationship, he would never loose her, no matter who to.

"You're welcome" the doppelganger grinned before galling beside Caroline on the sofa, the two beginning to converse, soon finding that they had a lot more in common than they first presumed they would.

"What time do the Cullens arrive?" Stefan asked as he stood behind where Caroline was sat, drinking a suspicious beverage with his brother who was also drinking and hugging Rebekah.

"Early afternoon" Elijah remarked, everyone exchanged worried glances.

"Do you think he will try anything?" Niklaus questioned quietly, afraid that the bronze haired Cullen would try and steal his beloved.

"I doubt it, he has Tanya now, She'll keep him in line." Caroline grinned.

"And if he tries to do anything to my little izzy, I'll show him pain like he's never imagined before." Katherine grinned, switching to protective sister mode.

"As will we" the two blondes answered in sync. The support from them gave him hope, knowing that they would have his back ( and hers) no matter what.