Chapter 170 - Planes 🛩

Jeremy skid down the aisle happily, his shoes sliding against the cold tiles, tall shelves towered on either side and he continued to laugh obnoxiously loudly. Henrik emerged beside him, a trolley in hand as he rushed along the aisle, lifting his feet up as he gained speed.

Unfortunately, their fun was cut shirt as a hand placed on the trolley, stopping it in its tracks, they both looked up to see Elijah standing with raised eyebrows. Henrik made a shocked squeak and Elijah burst out laughing.

"Come on you two" the suited original gestured and they quickly followed him down the aisle to where they found Isabella and Katherine looking at suitcases.

"What one do you want?" The doppelganger asked the boys and they both took their time to assess the cases, Henrik picked a blue camouflage cover and Jeremy: a matt black case.

"Right let's get these and get home, the flight leaves tomorrow" Elijah informed, running on a schedule as usual. The entire family exchanged glances before following behind him. When they finally reached the carpark, they found Jenna and Alaric sat in the car sipping from takeaway cups.

"Come on guys, we've got places to be" Alaric ushered and they all piled in, Bella, Henrik and Jeremy headed over to their car where Bella pushed the suitcases into the trunk. The boys got in and Klaus started the car, watching as Bella slid in beside him.

"Are you guys excited about the holiday?" Bella queried and glanced back, they all grinned.

"I've never been anywhere out of the country" Henrik mused and she returned with a smile.

"Well now you shall"

---
Isabella stood in the window, her eyes cast to the grounds on the opposite side, arms snaked around her waist and she leant backwards into the utter familiarity and warmth, relishing the feeling of his body pressed on hers.

"You're beautiful" his breath fanned her face like velvet, his lips brushing her cheek as he spoke. Before any words could be exchanged, their lips were together.

"Isabella? Niklaus?" A voice interrupted and they turned to their older brother who leant cockily on the doorframe, a suitcase clutched in his hand and a sleeping Nadia on his shoulder.

"It's time to go" Klaus whispered and took Bella's hand, directing her out of the room and down a flight of stairs. As they exited the warmth and entered the chill, their cars were lined up awaiting time to go.

Jenna and Alaric flashed them a smile before clambering up into the shiny vehicle. Elijah pushed the suitcases into the trunk as Katherine clipped Nadia into her seat.

"Ready to go?" Damon asked as he shifted the roof of his mustang so that it was closed from the cold. Rebekah fiddled with the buttons on her coat in the process and glanced up at the house.

"Obviously" Enzo snorted as he and Bonnie climbed into the back of the blue car, Damon rolled his eyes and entered also alongside Rebekah.

"Best get going then" Matt chuckled as he entered the house with Lavender, as they entered the car with Jenna and Alaric; the rain began go trickle down.

"Hurry up dad! Unlock the door! It's raining!" Henrik squealed as it rained harder. Both parents laugher as they unlocked the doors and climbed in with their children, hearing the rain patter as the tires rushed against the gravel.

"I can't wait to get to Iceland!" Jeremy hollered and Henrik hit his stomach, that particularly useless game continued for almost the entire ride and both parents began to get irritated with it.

"Stop!" Klaus grumbled as they pulled up behind the other cars into the carpark.

"Fine" Henrik pouted as he entered the car and ran toward their family where Stefan ruffled his hair. Isabella whistled lowly as she entered and helped to shift the many suitcases toward the glass doors.

"Wanna help?" Matt asked the girls who were standing idly by and watching the suitcases get pushed along the gravel.

"Fine" Rebekah grumbled and easily lifted her case with a smirk. The others girls followed suit and the gentlemen rolled their eyes at their respective partners.

"Are you excited?" Niklaus asked his wife as they headed into the airport.

"Yes, I haven't been to Iceland since I went with Damon and Stefan thirty years ago" she smiled and he returned it, taking her hand gently and twirling her ring around her finger.

"I'm glad you're excited, I've booked all the best for you"

"How can I ever match your perfection?" She hummed and he sent her a sideways wink and smirk.

"You can't" he responded arrogantly as they walked along the marbled  tiles, their large family attracting rather a lot of unwanted attention.

"How do planes stay up?" Henrik worriedly asked Stefan who smiled gently at him.

"It's okay Henry, science is amazing and I have been on hundreds of planes and never had one fail." He smiled.

"Statistically speaking, flying is said to be safer than driving" Jenna chipped in and Henrik smiled, seeming more assured as they walked the terminal together.

"You'll be fine Henrik, and if it does crash well what an adventure that'll be!" Damon beamed enthusiastically and Rebekah rolled her eyes to the heavens by his words.

"Hurry along you lot, we've got seats to fill" Elijah ordered and they all grumpily boarded the plane, Bella sat by the window and smiled in déjà vu.

"What?" Klaus asked from beside her as he flipped through a book, his hand in hers.

"This reminds me of when we first moved to new Orleans" she smiled and he chuckled,  leaning over and kissed her lips passionately.

"But that's different" she whispered against his lips and he chuckled, their heads together as the plane finally began to fly the sky.

"It is different but I wouldn't change it for the world."