Premiere Scare

Standing in front of the backdrop for the Passengers movie premiere, I posed for the flashing lights caused by the photographers

Being one of the newest teen models in the industry had its perks; just not as many as being Shawn Mendes' best friend.

"Hey Miss! Do you have time for a short interview?" One of the journalists at the front caught my attention and I made my way towards them. "If it's alright with you, this interview is mainly about your best friend, Shawn."

"Oh that's fine, I'm used to getting asked about him by now." I shrugged off their request. Questions of Shawn and I's friendship was asked at least once in every interview guaranteed.

"So when did you guys meet?"

"Uh, we met when he performed on The Voice US. I had started off as a dancer on there before I got signed as a model so we met backstage one night when he was rehearsing for his performance later that week."

"How long have you guys been friends for now?"

"I want to say like four years but I'm not entirely su-" I was rudely cut off by someone's arms snaking around my waist as they yelled in my ear.

A loud pitched squeal escaped my mouth and my hands waved violently in front of my face as a pathetic attempt of defence. A familiar laughter immediately filled my ears and I turned around to face the culprit and give them a gentle hit to the arm. "I seriously hate you!"

"I think you deserved that after getting our friend anniversary wrong." Shawn replied sassily, letting his arm sit loosely around my shoulders.

"I didn't get it wrong!" I defended myself, knowing fine well I was probably off by about a year at the least. I was never good at remembering dates.

"Uh, yeah you did!" He was so defensive with this topic it made me laugh. "You were off by two whole years! Never get a friend like this one, she's horrible." Shawn diverted his attention back to the interviewer who was just watching our encounter with complete amusement on her face.

"Just so you know, he isn't such a good friend either." He immediately let out an over exaggerated gasp.

"You're the worst liar."

"You forgot my birthday two years in a row!"

"And you forgot to come to seven of my concerts that I gave you tickets for!"

"That's totally over exaggerated, Shawn." I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head. "It was only three."

"Let's take a moment to agree to disagree on the fact that we're both kinda horrible friends."

We shook hands; agreeing to disagree and then continued on with our interview.

"Just don't ever scare me again, Mendes." He only made a face in return.

" He only made a face in return