Driving

The sound of my phone ringing on the bedside table tore me from what I thought was my peaceful afternoon nap; turned out to not be the afternoon anymore

11:23pm.

"Hello?" I mumbled through the phone, rubbing my eyes with my free hand once I had sat up straight in bed.

"Hey Hun." The voice of my boyfriend Shawn sounded through the speaker. "I can't sleep. Can we go for a drive?"

"You woke me up to ask me to sleep in your car while you drive? You know that's what I'll do, right?"

"Yeah I know; but I just want to be with you to be honest." A sigh sounded through the speaker and I knew he was frustrated that he wasn't getting the right amount of sleep he needed. "See you in 5?

"Yeah. See you in 5."

Shawn sent me a text to let me know he was outside and I quietly snuck out the house and into his jeep. He hugged me tightly over the console and kissed my head.

"Thanks for coming, Hun." He mumbled into my hair before pulling away and beginning to drive to our usual hangout spot.

We stayed there for almost three hours, talking endlessly about everything and anything that came to mind.

"You know I love you. I love you a whole lot." Shawn spoke while I giggled at something he had just told me about him, Brian and Ian and one of the times they went to a party and got a little too drunk.

"I know you do." I smiled whole heartedly towards him, a look of pure admiration and love filling my eyes. "I love you a whole lot."

After we drove to a McDonald's, ate our food in the parking lot and discarded of our trash, we began the drive back to my house where Shawn would stay the night.

I made sure to text my mom so that when she woke up for work the next day she wouldn't be surprised to see Shawn in the house or his jeep outside.

When we got home, we locked the door -front and bedroom- and hopped into bed, snuggling up to each other.

"Did that drive help at all?" I whispered into Shawns chest.

"It helped a lot, actually."

"Good. Now try get some sleep." My words were muffled by my face being mushed as close to him as it would get. "I love you."

"I love you, baby. And thank you."