No More Sneaking Around

"Shawn, you gotta wake up

"Shawn, you gotta wake up." I gently rubbed my hand up and down his spine in a pathetic attempt of coaxing him awake. "Shawn come on."

"Why are you waking me up at 9am on a Saturday?" His deep and groggy morning voice momentarily trailed my thoughts away. But, I shook my head and returned back to reality.

"Your mom and dad are downstairs and I need you to distract them while I sneak out."

I stood at the edge of the bed wearing one of Shawn's T-shirts, a pair of leggings, sandals and one of Shawn's black rain coats with one of his hoodies underneath and my back pack slung over me shoulders.

"Why do you always have to sneak out? We've been doing this for months. Don't you think they've caught on to what's happening between us by now?" He sat up-right in the bed, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

It was hard to concentrate on him as he sat with only a pair of tight boxers clinging to his lower half and his groggy morning voice sounding throughout the room.

"Shawn, you're still apparently sorting things with Laur. I don't want them to know I'm basically your side chick and Laur's asshole best friend. That's not how I want your parents to see me."

"They're not gonna see you as that, Y/N. We've been best friends since the start of high school, they kinda expected something to happen with us. And you're not my side chick, either."

"How do you know they won't see me as that? Opinions can change, Shawn. And I'm more than certain that your parents opinion of me will change a hell of a lot if they find out what we've been doing behind closed doors."

"Laur and I aren't together, Y/N. We're doing nothing wrong." He slid to the edge of the bed, resting his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.

He was clearly frustrated; but so was I.

I didn't want to be this person. I'd heard many stories about girls in our school who done stupid stuff like this and those girls never end up happy. All of their friends leave them and they eventually get a bad reputation and I don't want that to happen to me.

"You're not together but you said you would work things out with her. She loves you, Shawn, and I'm being a asshole by going behind her back and having sex with you while you two are sorting things out."

The room fell silent and all that could be heard was my heavy breath.

"She knows." Shawn spoke after a couple seconds of plain silence

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when he looked up at me.

"She knows what we've been doing. I told her last month." He shrugged his shoulders as if it meant nothing.

Doesn't he understand that him telling my best friend about what we were doing probably ruined any ounce of trust we had in our friendship. If she couldn't trust me enough to tell her myself about Shawn and I then what could she trust me with?

"Why did you do that?" I whisper yelled, trying desperately to avoid being loud enough for his parents to hear. "Why didn't you let me tell her myself? She's never gonna trust me again, Shawn."

"Calm down, Y/N." I opened my mouth to speak but he silenced me with a shhh. "We stopped trying to sort things out when me and you started sneaking around. She's completely fine with it; she said she expected it to happen eventually. You would know she was cool with it if you weren't too busy trying to avoid her the whole weekend."

"So does this mean no more sneaking around?" I couldn't hide the happy smile the slowly started to creep into my face.

"Yeah, it does." Shawn took my hands in his and gently pulled me closer until I was situated between his knees. "And now I can ask you to finally be mine."

"Suppose you can."

"So, will you be mine now that shits not completely fucked up?"

"I don't see why not."