Ellie

With cozy socks on and pyjamas with a mug of hot chocolate in her hands, she watched Shawn's interview that was streaming from their home in Toronto while he was at his interview in town

They had been close friends for as long as they could remember and eventually she moved in with him when he got his own place. He had suggested it when she was visiting and telling him about how she had been accepted to uni and still didn't have a place to stay that was closer to campus than her home in Pickering.

Eventually, over time, they grew closer than what they already were and decided to start dating. They weren't officially together as of now but, they wanted to see how it would work out.

If it worked well, they'd make it official. If it worked badly, they would stay friends; simple.

Shawn's music video for 'There's Nothing Holding Me Back' had come out only a week or so ago and so most of his interviews were based around the new video release.

"So, the kiss at the end of the video looked pretty real." The interviewer had spoke, addressing the one touchy topic for Shawn and Y/N. "Tell me, was it a real kiss or just one of those staged ones?"

Shawn and Y/N had spoke about the kiss whenever the filming for the music video was happening. She wasn't comfortable with him kissing another girl when they had just started dating. She thought it would ruin their chance of making things work and becoming an official couple.

Shawn, on the other hand, had promised that he would speak to Ellie (the actress) and Andrew about it and ask them if it would be okay to make the kissing scene a staged kiss instead which gave Y/N a peace of mind knowing that there wouldn't be anything that could possibly interfere with their relationship.

"Well, in the beginning I did ask for it to be staged but by the time it came to filming it wasn't staged. But, it wasn't awkward. Ellie, who played the girl in the video, she was really cool about it which was calming, made me feel less awkward and nervous."

Well, right then and there, Y/N felt like her heart had just cracked in to a million pieces and dropped down to her toes.

Shawn had completely betrayed her trust in him by lying to her for months about him kissing another girl.

Y/N wasn't hurt or annoyed at the fact that he had kissed another girl. No. She was upset that he had lied to her about it for so long. He knew how much she hated liars; so why would he lie to her?

The TV was turned off and she sat in the dim lighting of the living room in silence, tears leaking out from her eyes. She couldn't bring herself to sit through the rest of the interview knowing that he lied to her.

She didn't realise how long she sat crying in the dark for. She only came back to reality when the door to their shared apartment slammed closed and the sound of Shawn's footsteps were heard throughout the house.