First Date

Shawn and I were both laying on the sofa in the lounge with Greys Anatomy playing on the T

Shawn and I were both laying on the sofa in the lounge with Greys Anatomy playing on the T.V in front of us. I was slowly drifting off to sleep when Aaliyah came skipping in to the room.

"Do you mind if I borrow Y/N for a bit?" She spoke, the smile she had when she entered the room never leaving her face.

"Uh yeah, actually. I do." Shawn replied while tightening his grip around my body and nuzzling his head even closer to the crook of my neck.

"Awh Shawn." I cooed. "I'll be back in a minute."

I laughed at the sound of Shawn whining like a little kid as I got up from my cuddling position beside him on the sofa to follow Aaliyah up the stair case to her bedroom.

"Okay... What's up?" I questioned her as I sat on the bed and she sat on the chair for her dressing table.

"Well, do you remember that boy Aaron?" I nodded since I remembered very vividly of the stories of this Aaron boy that made Aaliyah's heart rate increase. "He asked me if I wanted to go to the movies with him this Friday!"

Before I could even congratulate the younger Mendes and completely fangirl with her about her first date, we were rudely interrupted.

"Absolutely fucking not." Shawn's voice sounded from the door as he swung it open forcefully.

"Were you listening in on us?" I asked with an amused expression but he ignored me; dead set on Aaliyah and the talk of her first date.

"Aaliyah, you're too young for boys... And dates! Call him or text him or whatever. Either way, just tell him no."

"You were, like, a couple months younger than me when you started dating! How is that even fair?" Aaliyah fought back with her eyes narrowing at her brother in annoyance.

Not wanting Shawn to say anything he would regret, I tried with all of my strength to push the tall, muscly man out of his sisters room.

"Wow, wow, wow Mendes. Calm down. I'll talk to Aaliyah. Just you go watch some greys or go to the store for more muffins or something."

It took some time but Shawn eventually left the room with a grumpy fine then and stomped back down the stairs in a huff. I watched his back carefully until he disappeared in to the lounge again.

Spinning around on my heels quickly, I looked at Aaliyah with a huge smile. "So, when's the date again?"

"It's not a date."

"Oh it's a date, kiddo."

"Wait, aren't you gonna tell me not to go?" She was blushing but she was also looking very confused as to why I wasn't agreeing with her brother.

I shook my head no and walked to her chest of drawers to look through her clothes with her.

"Don't tell Shawn but, I was at least a year younger than you when I started going on dates. I know now that twelve years old was way too young for dating but you're thirteen and mature for your age so Shawn will just have to accept that his baby sister is growing up."