Friends

Most people would think that sitting in a back stage room would be the most boring experience they would ever encounter

Most people would think that sitting in a back stage room would be the most boring experience they would ever encounter. But, this back stage room was filled with three of my nearest and dearest friends.

"How long does the meet and greet thing usually last?" Brian asked Matt since he was usually the one to travel on tour alongside Shawn most of the time.

Matt looked around the room as he thought about it before answering. "It usually lasts half an hour; the same as the Q&A's."

I watched the two converse before speaking myself. "I'm sure he said earlier that he was gonna rap the Q&A up a bit earlier so he had time to chill before getting ready for the show."

"Look at you," Megan, Matt's girlfriend and one of our closest friends, spoke in a teasing tone. "Listening to what your man says."

I picked up a handful of the spicy peanuts I asked Shawn to get for me from the bowl that was on the coffee table and threw them at her.

"First of all; he's not my man." Brian scoffed at my sentence and I sent him a death stare. "And second of all; am I the only one who pays attention to our friends?"

"Ha! Friend!" Brian let out another scoff and laugh and I quickly turned to face him.

"Something funny, B?"

Brian shook his head frantically with wide eyes. "Never mind, princess. I'll keep my mouth shut."

"Good idea, my dearest." I agreed and decided to lay on the sofa I was seated on and listen to the music playing lowly from the speaker in the corner of the room whilst we waited.

Megan was speaking to Matt when the door to the back stage room opened and in came the pop star of our friendship group. "Shawn!" Megan took a handful of the spicy peanuts and threw them in his direction once he had closed the door behind him.

He scrunched up his nose and wiped away the spicy powder that had stuck to his face when the peanuts hit him. "Ow? If my eyes start getting all itchy I'll know why."

"You were supposed to catch it, stupid." I smiled teasingly as I looked across the room at him.

Shawn rolled his eyes at me before walking across the room with his long, lanky legs and stopped right at the edge of the sofa where my hips were.

"Are you gonna sit down or just stand there like a weirdo?" I asked sarcastically but he seemed to be too distracted and didn't hear what I had said; or so I thought.

He looked like he was in deep thought about whatever was aimlessly floating around in his mind. I watched quietly as he pulled his bottom lip between his teeth and shrugged his shoulders. "Dunno."

"What are you... Shawn!" I squealed out in both surprise and pain as the weight of Shawn settled upon my body as he sprawled his long limbs on top my extremely shorter ones.

I squirmed underneath him to try and move him into a position he was comfortable in and that I wasn't being squished in but I found it rather hard to do as he wrapped his arms around my body; my arms by my sides, unable to move.

"Stop moving." He whined quietly as I looked around the room.

Megan and Matt were in their own little bubble, cuddled up and talking quietly to each other whilst Brian sat on the other sofa, eyeing them with a gross expression before looking over towards Shawn and I and catching my eye, winking as he saw us.

"How much do you weigh? Fucking hell." I groaned, wriggling my arms out of Shawn's grip. "I swear you don't look this heavy."

He groaned to himself until he was comfortable with his head rested in the crook of my neck. I could feel his hot breath on my neck as he let out little puffs of air. I could feel a satisfied smile creep on his lips.

"Wake me up in sixty years."

I rolled my eyes at him and absentmindedly began to run my hand through his curly hair. He let out a breathy sigh of satisfaction at the feeling and a pleasurable groan.

It was clear that he was exhausted; who wouldn't be if they were constantly travelling and attending shows and whatever else celebs do these days?

I could feel the light coating of sweat on his forehead that was probably leaking on to my own skin now, too.

Shawn and I were lying together in our own little world as I ran my hands through his hair in silence and completely unaware of the three pairs of eyes which continued to glance our way every once in a while.

My hand began to cramp and hurt so I slowly began to withdraw my fingers from Shawn's head but paused when I heard him begin to mumble. "No. Don't stop please. It's relaxing."

I let out a small giggle and continued running my fingers through his unruly curls. "You're so demanding, Mendes."

Shawn let out a small laugh that mimicked my own before speaking quietly. "You'd do anything for me. Admit it." He lifted his head briefly and smirked down at me before burying his head back into the crook of my neck.

A familiar bubbly feeling began to build up in my stomach like it has many times before when situations like this happened between Shawn and I. But, like all of the other times, I pushed those all too familiar feelings the the back of my mind and rolled my eyes instead. "What are friends for?"

I could feel Shawn stiffen at my words like he usually did any time myself or himself brought up the fact that we were just friends.

I absentmindedly continued to run my fingers through his hair and ignored the fact that he had become obviously tense and agitated at my words.

"Yeah," Shawn mumbled. "Friends."