Drunk

Shawn had left earlier in the night with his group of best friends to have a catch up during his 9 day break from tour

And, just as I had suspected, he had gotten himself completely wasted. Not even a little tipsy or slightly drunk like he usually would. Oh god no. Shawn went full out this time.

"Hi, can I go have a- uh I didn't mean to say go- I uh- never mind. Who is this?" Shawn's voice was slurred and he couldn't even manage to form a complete sentence without messing up when I answered the call.

"Shawn, you called me." As soon as he heard my voice he made an excited gasp noise.

"Baby! Hi! You! I love you, I do!"

"I love you Shawn. But, why did you call? Are you okay?" I began to feel worried when I realised it was 2am and he was either home by now or perfectly safe at one of his friends houses and not calling.

"Oh I'm great, thanks for asking! Brian wants to be in a strip club thing but wanna know what I say? You'll be proud of this. I say no chance man I got a girl and she's real beautiful, too. And you are beautiful. And sexy. And real cute. And I love you. And I need to come home. Please can I come home?"

"Shawn you don't have to ask to come home." I giggled into the receiver at his drunken state.

It was nice to see -or hear- Shawn letting loose for once. He always works himself too hard and does everything to perfection so knowing he was taking a break for a bit made me feel so happy.

"Can you come get me? I don't want to go in there unless it's you giving me a lap dance n stripping. All my money would go to waste if you weren't in there." He whispered for some weird reason but I only giggled at his words.

"Of course. I'll come get you now."

We hung up the phone and he sent me his location. I pulled on his khaki green hoodie over my tank top and pyjama shorts and pulled on my black converse before locking the apartment when I left and ran downstairs to the garage where I hopped into Shawn's beloved jeep and began the drive.

When I parked the car across the street from the club, I could already see Shawn's mop of curly brown hair over everyone else. He always stood out like a sore thumb; mainly because he was a literal giant.

"Oh, oh! That's her! She's here! Look at that beauty!" Shawn had his arm slung around the shoulder of another drunken guy, pointing in my direction as I walked towards them. "That's my girl right there. How pretty."

"Hi." I smiled both to Shawn and the other guy I didn't know when I came to a stop in front of the two. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah. Yeah, let's go." He agreed, nodding his head a little. "See ya later, buddy. Nice seeing you! Bye!"

I wrapped one of my arms around Shawn's waist as he wrapped one of his around my shoulder to steady himself although he was a lot more steady on his feet than I had expected him to be.

"Did you even know that guy?" Shawn shook his head no.

"Didn't have a clue who that was." He shrugged his shoulders. "He was cool as fuck though. Said you were pretty but I told him you had a girlfriend- I mean boyfriend- so you wouldn't hit him up or whatever he said about something."

I helped him into the passengers seat and buckled him up before hopping into the drivers seat and buckling myself up and handing Shawn a bottle of water.

"Damn who's car is this?" He ran his hand along the dashboard in admiration. "They got money holy shit."

"Shawn," I caught his attention. "This is your car, Hun."

"Fuck." He mumbled, running a hand through his sweaty hair. "I got money! Totally forgot I sing songs as a job. I love my job."

Starting up the car, I simply just giggled at him.

The car ride was silent until about halfway through when Shawn spoke up again.

"And wanna know what else I love?" I hummed in response. "I love my mom and my dad and Aaliyah and all my friends and my girlfriend, too. In fact, I wanna marry her one day; that's how much I love her. And not get a cat cause the only pussy I need is hers for the rest of my life."

"Shawn!" I didn't know whether to laugh at him or not. I also didn't know whether or not to be mad, extremely happy or embarrassed at what he had just said, either.

"That was the truth! You always ask me to tell you the truth! I never lie to you!"

"I know, Hun."

When we reached our apartment, I helped him into the house and upstairs to the bedroom. He threw himself on to the bed and I watched as he bounced a few times on his back before his body settled on top of the sheets.

"Shawn?" He hummed in response. "D'you wanna wear a shirt to bed or not?"

"You like me either way." I could see the smirk appear on his face even through the darkness of the room. "But no shirt I'm sweaty as fuck."

"Shorts or sweats?"

"For me or for you? Cause you're beautiful in both, honey." I couldn't help but silently blush at his drunk and unnecessary compliment.

"Thanks. But, for you, stupid." He giggled at my nickname. I always called him stupid as a nickname because he once asked why I hadn't given him one and I said because they're stupid; so since then it's kinda stuck, I guess.

"Uh-" He hesitated and I watched as he tried to peel off his clothes as he thought about it. "Shorts. I'm too warm."

I pulled out a pair of his black Nike shorts and sat them next to him on the bed so he could change; with difficulty of course.

I slipped off his hoodie and my shoes and helped Shawn into bed before sliding myself in beside him.

"You're super cute, Hun." He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his chest, playing with my hair with his free hand. "I want you to be the mom to my kids. You'd be one hot momma."

"Go to sleep, Shawn." As soon as I finished my sentence, the sound of soft snores were all that sounded throughout the room and I smiled, looking down at the rosy cheeked boy I fell in love with.