Happy New Year 2

The 7th of January was the first time that Shawn and Y/N were seen together after the whole new year situation with Bailey

The group of friends had planned dinners and nights out and even movie nights; all of which Y/N had made up excuses not to go to or showed up for all of an hour or two before leaving.

She couldn't stand to see the boy she loved so dearly, give all of his love and attention to someone that wasn't her. However, she knew deep down that she shouldn't feel that way.

Y/N knew that Bailey was one of the nicest people she had ever met and yet, somehow, she still found it hard to be her friend because she knew that all the things that she and Shawn used to do, He now done with Bailey.

"Hey, you're coming over for the movie night, right?" Matt had been the one to call Y/N as she sat in the kitchen of her house at the dining room table, catching up on some college work before she started her classes again.

"Uhm, I'm not sure." She played uncertainty for what felt like the millionth time this week. "I've got so much college stuff I've got to catch up on before classes start back and I kinda just want to get it done so I can enjoy the rest of my time off."

"Bullshit." It wasn't like Matt to cuss out his closest friends without it being a joke and so his tone of voice really took her by surprise. "I know you're avoiding him, Y/N."

"Avoiding who?" She could literally sense Matt's eye roll through the phone. "Matt, I'm not avoiding him. I've just had a lot of shit to do the past week."

"You're such a little liar." He teased her through the phone and she let out a sarcastic laugh in return. "C'mon Y/N, one night won't ruin you. Just avoid him if seeing him with her upsets you so much."

"I can't just avoid him, Matty. We did say we'd still be friends but I honestly cannot watch him do all the shit we used to do together with her without feeling like my heart has literally dropped down my whole body and out of my ass."

"Oh my god! You're so dramatic." Matt laughed at her exaggerated sentence. "I know how you feel, though. I promise you that I'll try and keep your focus away from them and on something else."

"My focus is currently on college work and that's doing a good job of keeping me from thinking about Shawn and Bailey."

"Y/N, listen to me. You and Shawn were made to be in each other's lives; whether you two be together as a couple or as best friends. We don't want either of you feeling like you can't be around the other without it being awkward or upsetting. It's gonna take you both a long time to move on from what you two had but I promise you that once you're used to being without each other in that way, life's gonna be so much easier."

Y/N sighed before replying to her close friend.

"I really appreciate you're advice, Matty. But I'm just not ready to be around him just yet."