The Late Late Show With James Corden

Tonight I was appearing on The Late Late Show with James Corden with Shawn, my

Tonight I was appearing on The Late Late Show with James Corden with Shawn, my..... I guess you could say secret significant other.

We had been dating as in going on dates secretly for the past couple months since we met at the Vanity Fair after party and from there we grew closer. Recently, he had just released two of his new songs as well as the song that both him and I had collaborated on and that is what leads us to being on the Late Late Show tonight.

Shawn had been called to stage first, doing a silly skit to introduce him on to the show, as James likes to do. I'd come on stage next.

James was talking about friends and girls as part of the skit for my entrance.

"So, Shawn. Mister Mendes." James had began, making the audience giggle. "Now, I don't know if your parents had this talk with you before. But, you're growing up now and I feel obligated as a friend to have the girl talk with you."

"I've been given this talk plenty of times. But, I'm willing to sit through the torture one last time just for you." Shawn joked back with James.

"So, I'll just cut straight to the point with this one, Shawn." The audience quietened. "Is there any special girl in your life at the moment."

That was my queue to get ready.

"Uhm, no. No, there isn't."

"Well excuse me!" Here I go. I walked out on to the stage, mock shocked expression and all. "I'm hurt, Shawn Mendes. I thought I was a special girl who's in your life."

"Y/N  Y/L/N? What are you doing here?" James acted surprised to see me.

"Oh, Y'know, my extra terrestrial senses were telling me that someone was talking badly of me and I had to teleport here to sort out the situation." We made reference to my character in my latest sci-fi movie that I starred in.

Being a singer and an actress were my only talents these days. That and keeping Shawn and I's whatever-ship a secret.

"Well, you should just teleport right back to where you were, girl! This is Shawn's night."

"She teleported all of this way, we gotta let her stay now." Shawn closed off the skit and James nodded along.

"I guess so, Mendes." He agreed. "Well, you better sit down Y/N."

Shawn stood up from his seat on the sofa and held a hand out for me to take as he helped me step up the only step and to walk across the stage to the sofa where we both sat down again and I thanked him.

As we got comfortable on the sofa, he sat closer than normal to me and swung his right arm across the back of the sofa, allowing his right hand to gently trace circles across my skin.

Luckily the audience couldn't see his small actions and it was only James (a really close friend of ours) that could see what was happening.

"So, Y/N, the last time you were here you were hyperventilating about being invited to the Vanity Fair after party. How was that for you?"