Broken

Shawn and Y/N were more than ecstatic to find out that they were expecting their third child

Shawn and Y/N were more than ecstatic to find out that they were expecting their third child. They were even more ecstatic when they found out that they were expecting their first baby girl.

"I can't wait to meet her." He would mumble late at night when both of them were half asleep and talking about everything and anything that came to mind. "I hope she looks like you. Beautiful like her mommy."

"She'll definitely look like you, Shawn." She would disagree with him. She knew fine well that his genes ran strong considering their twin boys were almost exact clones of their father. "Your genes are way stronger than mine."

"They are not." He tried to deny her claim but knew deep down that she was right. Hell, she was always right.

"Seriously? Look at the boys; they're literally you in two little kids. There's no way she is going to get my genes." Shawn chuckled tiredly at her and cuddled closer in to her body.

The love he felt for her only grew more each and every day he spent with her and then a little bit more when she would remain strong and hard headed when giving birth to their children.

Throughout the whole pregnancy, everything ran smoothly. She very rarely had any morning sickness, she wasn't in as much pain as she was when carrying the twins and her cravings weren't as crazy and disgusting this time around.

Everything seemed perfect.

When she went in to labour for the second time, Karen and Manny were quick as lightening to get to the house to take care of the twins while Shawn, Y/N and Aaliyah headed to the hospital to repeat exactly what they had done only three years prior when she went in to labour with the twins.

"You're doing so good, Y/N. You're a pro at this now." Aaliyah was holding one hand while Shawn held the other, attempting to lighten the atmosphere by cracking some jokes while they rushed down the hospital corridor and in to one of the reserved delivery rooms.

"You can do this, baby." Shawn would occasionally run his free hand through her hair in order to calm her nerves and mumble reassuring phrases in to her ear as he hugged her and kissed her temple. "You're amazing. I am so proud of you."

"I can't do it." She would cry, feeling the pain ten times more than she did the first time around when she was giving birth to the twin boys; a pain which she thought was unbearable until now. "It hurts too much, Shawn. It's too much!"

The labour lasted for hours and hours and by the time it came to pushing, Y/N was zoning in and out of consciousness.

"She's passing out. Shawn, she's passing out!" Aaliyah would panic whenever her eyes would close for longer than five seconds at the most. Even at her young age she knew that something wasn't quite right. "Shawn help her!"

"I don't know what to do, Aaliyah!" Aaliyah knew she was panicking but when she looked across the bed to her older brother, she knew that he was in a worse state than herself.