Another One?

When Shawn and I found out we were pregnant once again, we done everything in our power to make sure that the pregnancy went as smoothly as possible

When Shawn and I found out we were pregnant once again, we done everything in our power to make sure that the pregnancy went as smoothly as possible. We even decided that we weren't going to find out the gender of the baby this time until he or she was born.

However, the labour on the other hand, was completely out-with our control.

Guaranteed all throughout the labour, mine, Shawn's and Aaliyah's hearts were filled with worry until the baby was officially born and squealing.

The baby's cord was cut by Shawn (just like Cole, Theo and Harley's cord was cut by him) and then the tiny little tot was placed on my chest until the crying subsided.

We didn't ask if our baby was a boy or girl as we watched the nurses clean the tiny tot in the corner of the room and wrap him or her up in a white blanket.

"Congrats mister and misses Mendes, it's a baby boy!" The Nurse announced.

"Another one?" I wailed in my shocked and slightly high state thanks to the gas and air.

My reply and state of mind must have been a sight to see considering Aaliyah, Shawn and all the nurses that were in the room broke down in to tears of laughter.

"Oh no, what are we gonna name him? Oh my god, how am I supposed to live with four boys in the house?" Clearly I was very severely fucked up on the gas and air during labour. "Shawn, we have to have sex right now. We need a girl."

"Y/N, baby, you gotta get back to normal and heal before we have this conversation and start trying for any more babies again."

"Fuck the healing Shawn! I am not being out-numbered in this family!" I pointed frustratedly at his chest, eyebrows furrowed and angry face in motion. "Get us a girl, Mendes."

"That's easier said than done, honey." He giggled, ignoring the opening and closing of the hospital room door as the nurses and doctors left us alone. "I promise once you're healed and we got a routine in order then we can try again, okay?"

Aaliyah left to fill in our two families about the birth and my reaction which left Shawn, myself and our new baby boy alone in the hospital room.

"God, I think I don't know any more boy names." I whined, looking down at the precious baby boy on my chest.

"That's a bit dramatic, baby." Shawn smiled, scooting in to the hospital bed beside me for a family snuggle. "What about Parker?"

"Peter Parker. That rings a bell."

"That's cause that's Spider-Man's name, hun."

"Jesus Christ, all the good ones are taken! Shawn, what are we doing to do?" My wailing and whining were not phasing him at all. His giggles continuing and never faltering.

"What about the list we made on our phones? We haven't checked that in a while."

"Yeah, lets have a look at those."

Shawn pulled out his phone, opened up the notes and clicked on the one titled BOYS NAMES.

"Christian?"

"No."

"Harrison?"

"No."

"Liam?"

"No."

"Arlow?"

"That isn't one we put in there." That definitely one we didn't decide on to go on the list.

"I know. I just thought of it." He turned his head to look at our brown, curly haired baby boy. "Baby Arlow Mendes."

"I like it." I smiled, seeing baby Mendes open his eyes and stare up at his father and I. "Hi Arlow. I'm your mommy and this is your daddy."

"After all these years I still don't know if I like being a daddy to our kids or being your daddy better."

"Shut the fuck up, Mendes. There's a baby in the room."