Drop The Mic

"So, are you excited for today, Big shot?" I had spoke up once everyone was settled

Currently myself, Shawn, Matt, Geoff and Brian were in the car on our way to some studio for Shawn to film his episode of 'Drop The Mic'. Andrew was already waiting there for us so we were already in a bit of a rush.

"Still calling him big shot?" Matt teased, wiggling his eyebrows in my direction.

Matt was like my closest guy friend since I'd known him the longest. He was the first person I told when Shawn and I had hooked up one time when our group of friends had spent the weekend at a log cabin for Canada Day last year and ever since he's made a sexual innuendo about this nickname I've had for Shawn for years.

He was also the only person I told but obviously Shawn can't keep his mouth shut and eventually everyone in our group heard about it sooner rather than later.

"Big cum shot?" Geoff carried on the joke, causing Shawn and I to heat up to an embarrassing shade of red.

"Shut the fuck up." I brushed off their teasing comments as if they didn't embarrass the living hell out of me. "Anyways Mendes, you didn't answer my question."

"Oh... Uh yeah. Kinda." He shrugged but I could almost literally feel his nerves. What he was nervous about though was beyond me.

The mood in the car immediately shifted to something less playful than before after he had spoken and it confused me.

"What's with the tense atmosphere all of a sudden?" No one spoke. Instead, Brian, Geoff and Matt both gave uncertain looks to Shawn and he returned the feature. "Oh for fuck sake. I hate when you guys leave me out with your little inside jokes."

"It's not really a joke to be honest." Geoff mumbled.

He clearly didn't know what to say at this moment in time and when Geoff didn't know what to say he always said too much whereas Matt and Shawn tend to not speak at all when they don't know what to say. Brian was always talking about something so you never really see Brian in a situation where he doesn't know what to say.

"So it's a secret?"

"Exactly!" Shawn exclaimed, nodding his head. "It's a secret."

"Can I at least know who's secret it is?" Usually they told me everything so the fact that I was in the dark about this so called secret was confusing and kind of frustrating also.

"Shawn's." Brian spat out as though he'd been holding this in for so long and he couldn't hold it in any longer. Of course, this earned a kick to the knee from Shawn and a slap to the back of the head from Matt.

Geoff laughed at the outcome of the strawberry blonde's big mouth.

"Wow. I didn't think I'd ever see the day where Shawn could actually keep his mouth shut." He rolled his eyes and smiled at my teasing comment, deciding to stare out of the window as we pulled in to the parking lot of the studio. "Whatever. I'll figure it out on my own, don't you worry."