Dinner Date

The same photos were all that occupied my social media's

The same photos were all that occupied my social media's. Twitter, Instagram, saved photos posted to Snapchat stories, Facebook; people had even taken the time out of their day to text me the same photos and ask what was going on.

I couldn't answer them. I didn't even know what was going on so how could I explain to anyone else something that I didn't understand, either?

A FaceTime call from my best friend took me off of the site with the photos posted alongside an article about them and I internally thanked her for her timing.

"Hey." I answered the call.

"What the fuck is going on?" I immediately knew what she was referring to and groaned loudly.

"I don't know, honestly. I'm just as confused as you are."

"Are you also just as pissed off as I am?" She was seething with anger, I could see it through the screen and she wasn't trying to hide it either. "I'm going fucking crazy right now. Hailey fucking Baldwin! Is he serious?"

"Calm down." I should have known she would act this way when she saw the photos. She was very protective of me which is understandable since we'd been best friends since we were 3 years old. "I'll talk to him about it."

"You better, Y/N. Don't say you will and then just ignore it. Find out what that fucker was doing with her."

"Can you please stop with the nasty names. Save them for later if I find out bad news." I joked and she giggled half-heartedly at my attempt to lighten the mood. "I'll call you back, okay?"

"Okay." We ended the call and I immediately called Shawn without registering that I had even pressed the call button yet.

When I heard the ringing through the phone, my heart beat sped up erratically and my throat tightened.

I didn't even know if he was awake right now. I didn't know if he was available. I didn't know if he had his phone. I didn't know what I was going to say. What would I do if it was all real? What if he was with her right now?

"Hey baby," His voice broke me from my wandering mind. "What's up?"

"Uhm..." I began to stutter, not actually saying any words but some how managing to stutter over little sounds that escaped my lips.

"Hun, are you okay? What's wrong?" When I didn't speak, he spoke up again. "Please tell me what's wrong."

"Are you cheating on me, Shawn?" The line went silent yet I could still hear him breathing through the phone. "If you are then please just tell me. I promise I'll have everything packed and I'll be gone by the time you come home; I just need you to tell me."

Silence was all I could hear and it broke my heart. It was so silent that it was beginning to get deafening.

"Y/N, baby, I gotta go."