Unplanned

Shawn and I had been dating for a long time now. We began dating when we were in high school and then took a long break as he had to go on his first ever tour and as soon as he came home, we got back together and haven't been apart since.

Of course we had to have some time apart when he was on tour and I couldn't make it out with him due to work and then college, too. But, we made it work and I'm glad we did because I've never been happier.

Currently, Shawn was in L.A recording his third album (as he has been for around three weeks now) while I'm staying at my moms house in Pickering for the weekend which left our shared condo in Toronto completely empty and lifeless.

Today, I was taking Aaliyah and my sister to mine and Shawn's apartment to have a girls night before I dropped Aaliyah and my sister off back home later the next day.

"Hey, are you ready?" I knocked on my sisters door before popping my head in to check on her.

She was sitting on her bed, shoes and jacket on with her phone pressed to her ear.

"Yeah, I'm ready." She nodded and followed me out of her room and in to mine. "I'll call you when we're there. Yeah, I know. See you soon. Bye."

"Was that Liyah?" I asked her as I pulled on my jacket and grabbed my phone, purse and car keys from my bedside table.

"Yeah, she's excited to see you." My heart warmed.

Aaliyah was like my own sister as well as Shawn's. I loved spending time with her because she was so chill and very understanding and mature considering she was only fourteen years old.

"I can't wait to spend the day with my favourite girls."

The car ride there was rather short and before I knew it I was pulling into the Mendes' driveway.

"We're here!" I rang the doorbell before entering a house which I considered my own, my sister following behind me.

"In the kitchen!" The voice of Aaliyah yelled back and I followed the sound to see her sitting on one of the stools at the kitchen island, eating a bowl of cereal. "Your butt's bigger."

"Hello to you too, honey." I replied sarcastically as I took a seat in the stool beside her and my sister leaned against the Island beside Aaliyah.

"Yeah, Yeah, hello." She rolled her eyes and then pulled me in for a hug before returning to her cereal. "Seriously though, have you been doing squats recently?"

"Actually I have! Thanks for noticing."

I had been going to the gym a lot more recently because I'd been feeling really bloated and sickly and usually going to the gym and sweating it out helped.

Not to mention the fact that Shawn and I had turned our own home in to a sexual gym for the whole two weeks he was home before he left for L.A.

"Okay, I'm done." Aaliyah put her bowl in the sink and pulled a jacket on before we finally left and hopped in my car to head out for the day.

On the drive to Toronto, Shawn called me and I asked my sister who was in the passenger seat to answer and connect my phone to the car's Bluetooth.

"Hello!" I chirped.

"Hi beautiful." His soothing voice sent butterflies to my stomach. "Are you driving?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"I could hear the car in the background. Anyway, how are you? I miss you." Well, I was happy to hear his voice but now I was most definitely sad that he missed me just as much as I missed him.