<-16->

{--Adrien--}

I love Marinette. I do. But one of the rules of her protector is that I can't interfere with her love life. Even if the person she's marrying is a dick, I can't stop it. She has to give permission. If she gives permission no one can stop it. "A-Adrien can I s-see you outside?" Marinette hesitated and I nodded and walked with her outside her room. She rubbed her arm as we stood in the giant hallway.

"What is it Marinette?" I asked and she bit her lip, her fang missing her lip.

"I-I don't want to marry Nathanael."

"What?"

"H-He's my first boyfriend! H-H-How could I make such a decision!" Tears threaten to leave her eyes. I parted my lips.

"Then why did you give him permission to sign the document?"

"I-I-I thought it was for something else! Like a-a-a well I don't know!" Tears spilled out of her eyes and he hugged her.

"Then tell Plagg and Tikki that you don't want to marry him."

"I-I-It's to late. The document is probably hidden somewhere they can only get to it and he's seen them. W-We can't erase his memory. Th-They banned every machine in Paris." She sniffled and I held her closer. We had memory erasers in every mall and even had shops for it all around Paris. If you had a bad memory or wanted to get rid of a bad day, the machine would take that away. It would erase everything if you wanted it too.

I bit my lip. "Well, not every."

"W-What do you mean?" She looked up at me.

"I found one at the top of the north tower when we were playing hide and seek." It's not dusty at all. I think someone's using it. I think Tikki is. Long red hair is always on the seat. I go up there a lot but never use it.

"W-We have to get him to it. I don't want to marry him." She cried more and I bit my lip.

I heard footsteps behind me and I froze. "Adrien? Marinette? You both should be with Nathanael," I turn and see Tikki. She looks dizzy. A side affect of the treatment is that you're dizzy and more likely to faint. "Adrien, as apart of your assignment you have to protect Nathanael. He's going to be apart of the royal family in a month or so."

"What no!" Marinette yelled. "I-I don't want to-"

"The document is sealed, Marinette and you need to wed soon or else you will die."

"H-How will I die!"

"I don't know." Tikki fainted and I caught her before she hit the ground.

{--Marinette--}

I watched as Adrien paces Tikki and Plaggs bedroom. Nathanael left hours ago and Plagg is looking at Tikki. "You're saying my wife is doing what?" Plagg gritted through his teeth. I couldn't believe it either. Adrien stopped pacing and darted his eyes from me, to Tikki, to Plagg, to Tikki.

"I-I found a memory eraser in the north tower and it had red hair on it. And one of the side effects of using the machine in dizziness and fainting." Adrien hesitated.

"My wife wouldn't use that machine!" Plagg yelled and stood up from the bed, nearly tossing me off. I watched as he stormed over to Adrien, his hair turning white and I'm guessing his eyes turning black. "We banned that machine! She wouldn't break the law and use it! She's not that type of person you stupid boy!" Plagg growled and I ran over to his and held him back from slapping Adrien. It didn't help. He clawed his cheek with his sharp fingernails. "She wouldn't use that machine! You're a fucking idiot if you think she would use that machine! She has nothing to forget!"

"Mom," I mumbled and he turned to me. His eyes were black. "She has to forget mom."

"She wouldn't forget her own damn sister!" Tikki groaned awake and he instantly changed back to himself and ran to her. "Tikki!" He hugged her and she gasped at the contact, her eyes nervously darting back and forth. I sat across from Plagg and held Tikkis hand.

"Tikki," she looked at me. "Why would you use a memory eraser?"

She bit her lip and Plagg held her by her shoulders. She sighed as his eyes turned to a lot of worry, turning black with his hair white. "Y-Your mother haunts me this time of year. I miss her so much." I'm 15. She died when I was 7. It's been eight years without her or my father. She started crying and Plagg hugged her tight. I started crying. I missed them too. They were my parents for gods sake. Adrien ran to me and hugged me tight.