<-28->

{--Marinette--}

Adriens insane. No one would want to kill us. We're the kindest rulers in history. I cry into Adriens shoulder as another stake hits the door. More and more hit it and I cry harder. One goes through and I yelp. Adrien grabs my hand and runs me out through the door that the stakes are in. I bit my lip as we run. A stake grazes my arm and I wince. Adrien shields me and we run into the ballroom where a few people in full faced masks. I yelp as they push me and Adrien into the group of people.

"Found 'em!" One of them yelled and threw Tikki and Plagg into us. Tikki and Plagg hugged me. Adrien touched my shoulder. One of the men pulled me away from them and Adrien grabbed my arm. "Let go or you lose the hand boy." He growls and Adrien hesitantly lets go. A stake is held at my chest and I yelp. Someone else scratches a stake on my arm repeatedly and I wince.

I look at Tikki and Plagg and they have a very worried look on their faces. Plaggs hair grows white and his face gets angry. "Let her go!" Plaggs mouth didn't open. I look at Adrien. "Kill me instead! Let her live just kill me!"

A tear ran down my cheek. "Gladly," he pushes me back to Tikki and Plagg and take Adrien. They hold the stake to his chest and I scream. "Shut her up!" Tikki holds her hand over my mouth. I cry harder.

{--Adrien--}

She's crying. I hold my ground. The guy holds my neck and I glare at him. He faces me to the crowd. Marinette struggling against Tikki and Plaggs grip. "I-I-I'll be fine. Promise." I smile and she cries more.

"Shut up," he mutters and squeezes my neck. The stake is pressed against my stomach. I glare up at him. My father looks at me like I'm insane. Maybe I am but I'd gladly die for Marinette. "This is what will happen if you try to fight us!" He yells and lifts the stake up. My eyes widen and I quickly move and he stakes himself. I gasp and the other two guys start throwing stakes at me while the one that was chasing me and Marinette helps him. They grab me and I yelp. They stab a stake through my stomach and I scream in pain.

"Adrien!" Marinette yells and runs to me. The other bodyguards finally start to fight them. I yell as I fall to the ground after they dropped me. Marinette puts my head on her lap and I wince at the movement. "A-Adrien y-y-y-you'll be o-o-okay." I laugh lightly. I can feel blood spilling out of my mouth.

"N-No I w-won't Mari," my father runs to me. Tears are in his eyes. I've never seen him cry. Grace and Nathanael run up too. My hands are on the hole and it hurt so fucking bad. They try to move me and I scream. "No stop! It hurts!" I shout and they put me down. I feel so fucking weak.

"A-Adrien no." Marinette cries and I sheepishly smile.

"I'll be okay."

"No you won't!" I look a Grace. She's crying, over me? "You're dying!"

"I-I-I-I-I'll be okay. Promise." I smile. I know I'm super pale right now. My head grows dizzy and I lose consciousness.

{--Marinette--}

Adrien goes numb in my arms. I cry harder. "No! Adrien!" I love him and never got to tell him. I pick him up and run out of the castle and to the nearest hospital. I run inside and people bow at me. "Help him! Please help him!" I shout and a group of nurses take him from me. Another nurse moves me to a waiting room explaining what'll happen to Adrien.

"Do you have anyone you want me to call Princess?"

"Uhm Mr.Agreste and my parents." She nods and leaves me alone. I hope he lives.