<-27->

(--One Day Later--)

{--Marinette--}

I bit my lip as someone pulls me into my dress. It's so damn tight that I need help getting into it. When I say tight, I don't mean this tight. Adriens in his suit and he looks amazing. We match. He's wearing a dark pink tie and my dress is dark pink. They put makeup on me and I put my mask on. They leave to go finish the ball preparations. I sit on the floor of my closet looking at my shoes. Adrien laughs and sits next to me. I look at my feet that barely poke out from my dress.

"What're you doing?" He laughs.

"Trying to find shoes to wear." I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder. He stiffens up.

"W-Why not those?" He point to a pair of black two inch pumps.

"Those would go great!" I smile and put them on. He helps me stand and we walk out of my room so I can practice dancing in them. We go into my study, yes mine, and he puts on music. We dance and I laugh as he talks about funny things. A slow song comes on and we dance to that. I blush as he holds my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Mari," I face him. I blush. I didn't mean for us to be this close. I can feel his breath and our noses are a centimeter from touching. I can smell his sweet sweet blood. "C-Can I kiss you?" I blush.

"P-P-Plagg would kill me if I kissed someone who's not my husband." I step back and he nods and puts his hands in his pockets.

"R-Right sorry." He sheepishly smiles and I blush.

"I-It's fine," I lick my lips. "But I am a little hungry," he nods and takes of his jacket and then rolls up his sleeve. I bit into his arm and drink a little then stop. I don't want to drain him. "Th-Thanks." He nods and fixes himself. He go into the ballroom and a lot of people are there. I'm suppose to dance with every suitor so every guy there. No matter their age.

{--Him--}

The Princess walks over to me. I smile and we dance. Her bodyguard keeps a close distance to her. I've been killing younger and younger vampires more recently. They don't deserve to live that long. They deserve to live as long as humans, as my parents did. But that was so long ago. Why did the queen have to bite me. I was fine the way I was, bleeding out on the cold ground. Her kind killed my parents for fucks sake! She shouldn't even be queen. I know the rules better then anyone. The royals bite anyones neck, they're not allowed to take the thrown, even if they're dying.

"What's your name?" She asks. Sweet, sweet Marinette. She's never noticed me. Barely anyone does. I've been 15 for three hundred years.

"August. August Conpire." I smile, my bleach blonde hair covering my grey eyes. That's not my real surname, or first name. My real name is Felix Agreste. I change it every now and again then go to a new school. I change my hair color with the name but I'm natural right now.

"I love your name." She smiles and I smile back. We sit down at a table and talk. Her bodyguard stays close. God, If I want to kill her I have to get her alone but I should get Tikki and her husband first. We talk for a little bit then she leaves and talks to the next guy. I sneak away and get ready.

{--Adrien--}

Marinette talks to the next people but I stay close. A loud shot is heard and we all look at Tikki and Plagg. A stake was in between them. Another is shot to Tikki and I run and stop it from hitting her. She gasps as it grazes my shoulder. I wince but ignore the pain. I grab one from hitting Plagg. The rest of the bodyguards were just standing there, not doing anything. They just stare at me like I was the most insane person ever trying to protect the king and queen. "Run! Run! Run!" I yell and they run to the nearest room with their bodyguards.

I run to Marinette and we run out of the ballroom. She trips on her heels and I pick her up and run to her room. I lock the door and she looks at me. "W-What's happening!"

"Someone's trying to kill you and the king and queen." Marinette started crying and I held her. A stake hit the door and she flinched.