<-20->

{--Adrien--}

Father grabs my arms again and I glare at him. "Where did you get these Adrien?" His eyes are filled with worry. I sigh, seeing Marinette and Nathanael behind his shoulder.

"Grace was drunk and kept biting up my arms. She almost got to my neck." I hear three gasps but they sound the same.

"What about the rest?" I look down. I don't want to answer. He'd have me quit my job if I told him. I like protecting Marinette. "Adrien?"

"I-I can't tell you."

"Why?" He lets go of my arms and I slide a new flannel button up on. I button it and I see blush on Marinettes face.

"It has something to do with my job and I can't share that with anyone," I go into my bathroom after grabbing a pair of socks and grey jeans. I put them on and fix my hair. I just pulled it into half ponytail only using the top part of my hair. I walk back into my room and see Father still standing there with Marinette and Nathanael by the door. "If you're going to be in here then you might as well say hello to the Princess, Father," I laugh and he turns around and immediately bows to her. She sighs. "She doesn't like people bowing. You told me that."

"R-Right," he lifts himself up and sheeishly smiles at her. I put on my black tennis shoes. "Why are you here Princess?"

"If Adriens out I can't go anywhere so I thought I'd come along." Marinette smiled and I laughed and grabbed another hoodie from my closet and put it on. Her eyes swirled in circles, it looked like she was rolling her eyes but more bouncing them from side to side in her eye socket. She was about to collapse. I ran to her before she could hit the ground and put her on my bed. I always have the best timing.

W-What's happening to her?" Father asked.

I ignore the question and take off the hoodie and roll up my sleeve. He watches in horror as I hold my arm in front of her mouth. "Adrien, no." She pants and moves her head. I more her head to face me. She glares at me.

"Princess, drink. You'll die," she doesn't answer and crinkles her nose. I laugh and hold my arm closer to her. "Go on. You know I don't mind."

"No Adrien," she shook her head and I look at Nathanael. He shrugs his shoulders and eats his ice cream. "I-I'll be fine." She tries to stand but falls instead. I catch her and put her back on my bed. Father still looks at us.

"Drink Marinette," she didn't hesitate to bite my arm this time. I wince and she looks at me. "I-I'm fine." She keeps drinking. I just sit next to her as she drinks and I pick up a book by my nightstand and continue reading it. I'm so close to finishing it.

"Adrien!" I look at Father. Nathanael sits at my desk. "Why would you let her feed off of you!"

"Because she'll die." I glare at him then wince. Marinette pulls her fangs out and I cover the holes. I sheepishly smile at her then run to my bathroom and cover the holes.

{--Marinette--}

Adriens father keeps glaring at me. I pull Adriens hood on my head and cover my face. I feel an arm wrap around me and I look and see Adrien. I sheepishly smile at him. He looks at his father. "Father, please don't be like this."

"She could have killed you!"

"So could Grace." He growls and I look down. We stand up and Adrien moves and Nathanael holds me. We walk past his and I sigh.

We stay silent as we walk down the road to the castle. "I'm sorry."

"What?" Adrien looks at me.

"Im sorry I ruined things with your father."

"Things were ruined to begin with," he shrugged and me and Nathanael look at him. Nathanael won't let go of my hand. "My mother died so that's one reason why he hates me and then I won't give Grace a chance even though he married her a year ago. He still loves me but he also doesn't like me." He sheepishly smiled and I part my lips. Why are all of our lives so sad?