f i f t y - n i n e

SANA'S POV

Tae took the three bouquets of flowers while I carry Soonshim. We're here at the memorial park already. As we were walking, I could feel the cold breeze in the park. There were also other people visiting their deceased relatives, but they are just few in numbers. It's July, who would visit them? Unless it's their deceased relatives' birthday or death anniversary. They only come here when there's an occassion.

"We're near," Tae smiled at me. I just smiled back. I can see the loneliness in his eyes when he smiled at me. No matter how much he tries to hide it, it still shows.

The place is pretty neat. The grass is green; there are no crumbs of soil sitting there. The air is cold when it touches your skin, but you could still feel the warmth of it. There are trees where you could sit by and some tombs are placed near the trees.

Finally, we reached our destination. I saw three niches on the ground.

Kim Sang-yeong

Kim Taek-young

Kim Min Ji

I read the names in the niches. I saw Tae smile and he sat down infront of the niches. I did the same. He placed the bouquets on the niche and we prayed before talking to them.

"Halabeoji, halmeoni, eomma," Tae called his loved ones. "How are you? I'm pretty good. I wasn't able to go to college, eomma. I'm sorry." I felt the heavy aura that is building. I might see Tae cry while I was watching him talk to his relatives. "But I did my best to support myself and Taeyoung noona. She's already married, eomma. And you have a grandson already." Tae chuckled.

"I came here to introduce my fiancé." He gulped. I know that he's trying his best not to cry. "Halabeoji, halmeoni, eomma. This is Sana. She's my fiancé." I smiled at them as if they were still alive.

"Good morning," I bowed my head. "This is Soonshim." I pertained Soonshim that is resting on my lap. "He's our baby."

"I know you guys are expecting a grandson from me," Tae snickered once more. "That will happen soon. We are preparing for the wedding. After this, we'll buy wedding rings." Tae looked away and I saw him wipe his tears. "I hope you guys can see us. I wish you're still with me because I'm really missing you." He cried even more. I took his head and rested it on my shoulder. Tae is still crying. "Thank you for the love you made me feel even when I was a kid. Although you departed from me early, I still felt it. I'm really thankful for that." Tae breathed heavily. I took my handkerchief and wiped his tears away. I smiled at him to make him feel better. "See? Sana is a wife material."

"Silly Taehyung." I pinched his nose and he smiled in return. "Your son is perfect, eomma. He's everything that a girl could ask for. Thank you for raising him although you left him soon."

"I wish you're in my wedding, eomma." Tae said. "You, too, halmeoni, halabeoji."

"They will be there. They'll always look down to you. They are just up there, watching us from above. They never left us. They may be gone physically, but spiritually, they never left us." I told him. "They looked after us for years."

"Thank you for guarding me." Tae chuckled. I'm happy to see Tae smile although he's still sad. I made him smile despite the loneliness.

We continued on chatting with them. Although they were not responding back, I know that they are just listening to our stories. Tae told them how we met and all. He sometimes blame me for getting his heart broken. Which is true. I can't argue with him since I'm infront of his family.