Chapter Nine

Assalamualaikum ! Here's a new update for you guys. Happy reading!

By the way , have you guys listened to I don't wanna live forever acoustic version?? it's perfect and amazing and awesome! how could his voice be so deep but also can hit the highest note?? he's an amazing singer! Love you Zayn!

Warning : Grammar.

_______________________________________________________________________________

One week later.

" Cutlet- A thin cut of meat from the leg or rib section, usually from lamb" Syira read to herself as she flipped the pages of her cooking book while laying on the couch. She breathed out a heavy sigh and ran her hand through her hair. A low rumbling came from her stomach , demanding nourishment. Pulling out her phone, she hissed as she felt the hurt from her right arm. She had two unread texts which she opened.

Get well soon Syira, take care love. – Hani

Oh my Allah Syira, we miss you so much! Hope you feel better. P.s. Your mum misses you most of all. Love you dear – Aysha

She smiled to read the texts she received. She flipped a few pages and ended up sleeping on the couch while the TV is still on.

" Hey princess, I'm home" Zayn yelled as he locked the door behind him. He took off his beanie and tossed his black-leather coat around, making his way towards the kitchen to find no one. He walked into the living room to find his wife was sleeping on the couch with her book still in her hand.

He shook his head and grabbed that book from her hand gently as she stirred. His movement froze to see her stir and carefully placed the book on the coffee table. He turned off the TV when suddenly Syira woke up from her deep slumber.

"Zayn" She said in her hoarse voice as she squeezed the pillow. "you're home early," she murmured in pillow talk.

"Huh, Getting all intimate with a pillow I see" He said in a soft voice.

She sat up as Zayn took a seat besides her, cuddling with her on the couch. She carefully hugged him as her right arm was still hurt from the accident. She put her head on his shoulder as she snuggled with him. Zayn guiltily looking at her injury.

" is your arm still hurt?" Zayn whispered as he kissed the top of her head.
" hmmm" Syira answered as she slightly nodded her head, too tired to even speak. " it's okay, everything will be alright" Zayn spoke , smiled lovingly at her. Zayn took her hand and intertwined her hand with his.

" This is my fault, I'm sorry that I couldn't save you that night" he whispered.

"No, it's mine" she protested.

" I'm so sorry Zayn," she said in broken voice, cutting the silence that clouding over them.

" I'm so stupid , I just ruined our honeymoon that night, I- I shouldn't get off the car, I'm so stupid-" Zayn cut her words by placing his finger on her lips, her lips were trembling as tears formed in her eyes. " Don't say like that, I'll always be here, no matter what happen, I'll take good care of you okay?" his voice gentle as he spoke and she smiled sweetly. " just please don't do that again, I can write notes as many as you want" he said as she laughed at him.

He smiled to see her lips curled into that beautiful smile again , she barely laughed again since the accident, she kept on blaming herself again and again. She seems to have another trauma because of the accident, she didn't talk much, and all she did was replaying the tragic incident that night. He still remembered the day in the hospital, they had to delay their flight since they had to stay in the hospital for a few days. All of their family freaked out to know the news.

The Chinese doctor sighed heavily as he shoved his hands into the pocket of his white coat. He looked at Zayn.

"..She's going to be okay, right?" Zayn asked the doctor gently, afraid of the news he would bring.

" Of course, she just had a broken arm and a little concussion at the back of her head, but nothing to worry, she's fine now" the doctor untucked the clipboard from under his arm and took a look at the note he just jotted down. " She'll recover" he said with a sigh, prompting Zayn to ask him skeptically-

"What's with that tone?"

Zayn worriedly glanced back at the doctor and then at Syira , who was laying in her bed, fully awake. He could only see her back as she had it turned away from the large glass doors. She faced the window that showed a view of blue skies. Anxiety bubbled up within him as he awaited for the doctor's response.

The doctor looked into Zayn's gleaming eyes and drew out another soft sigh. "...she's been doing nothing, but staring out that window yesterday. She doesn't respond to anything. We don't really know what's wrong with her. She'll get better physically within the next week, but if she feels any headache or something, you should immediately bring her to the hospital " the doctor added and Zayn nodded his head.

***

Zayn's thought being interrupted when he felt his lips were overtaken by Syira's. He retaliated by kissing her more tenderly. Syira imitated his action, trying to out-kiss him. They were both reluctant to pull away. But she pulled away first and hid her face in his chest, taking all of  his masculine scent.

"Zayn, could you pass me my cooking book please" she muttered as she pointed her finger at the book on the coffee table. Zayn shook his head and wrapped his arm carefully around her shoulder.

"Syira, you should take a rest, stop thinking about your study for a while" He explained as Syira glared at him. " Zayn! Please" She begged as she tried her best to reach the book but Zayn chuckled.

"..you don't have to go to the college yet, I can tell your head chef that you're still not fully-recover" He said in a low voice.

" No! I'm okay Zayn, trust me, I have to go to college soon," Syira spoke ,almost yelling, as she slowly stood up. Zayn was taken back at her sudden behavior. He also got on his feet and was standing across her. She looked up at him as he closed his eyes , letting out a heavy sigh that he kept just now.

" Syira, listen , I want  you to stay at home, you need to take a rest from all of your cooking thingy, I'm your husband, listen to me " He said as he kept his voice low as he could.

" it's just college, take it easy" he added. When his words process, she looked up at him questioningly,

"what did you say? Just college?" she repeated his words .

He's frowning slightly , but she can also see the concern shining in his eyes. " it's putting too much stress on your body. It's not good for you."

She frowned back, " I'm fine!" she tried to insist. She was pacing back and forth as she placed her hand on her head, her eyes shut. He could notice her body looked like it was getting more and more tired from her strong thoughts.

"Zayn" she whispered in a hoarse voice.
" I'm feeling a bit-"

Before he could understand what she meant, he had caught her right before single strand touched the ground.
" Syira, are you okay?" he asked,pushing her hair out of her face. She's still breathing, but she wasn't responding to him. He quickly pulls out his cell phone and called for an ambulance.