Chapter 16

After the last awkward encouter with Syira's stepbrother, Imran decided to go to the airport , bidding his goodbye to the two couple before getting into the car.

" I'll make sure I call you guys before visiting okay?" Imran promised as Zayn laughed.

" please." Zayn stated as Imran laughed at him.

" I'm so sorry Zayn" Imran apologized again . Zayn smiled as Syira stood beside him, also giving her stepbrother a friendly smile. After Imran drove away, Zayn glanced at Syira as she sighed before shutting the door.

Zayn looked at her nervously. Shame, embarrased and feeling like a total idiot struck him.

" Sorry about the spanar thingy.." Zayn stated as he rubbed his neck . Syira took a deep breath as she stared at him and chuckled. Zayn also joined.

" at least you have excuse.."  she hummed as Zayn grinned.

" well....the car really does need to be fix a little" Zayn joked as Syira smiled genuinely at him,  causing Zayn to look deeply into her eyes, remembering the eyes that always lit up when he was around her.

The brown eyes that always curious to know about his boyband, the eyes that always look at him everytime he does something even the smallest thing like making a coffee. She would always look at him lovingly. The look that he barely even get after the accident in China.

Syira noticed him as she faked a cough. Zayn realised that they both just standing there. He wiped his eyes a little  as she ran her hand in her hair , she knew this is the time that he will start relishing all the sweet memories they had shared before.
But she also knows she can't even remember anything. She could still remember the first day she woke up from her deep comma, looking down on her hand to notice she was wearing a ring on her finger. The small diamond still sparks till now.

She doesn't even remember her husband's name. Let alone how they got married. Syira tried her best to fit into her new life. She knew Zayn had done everything. He would  spend all day after the accident just to make her fit into her routine like before. And at midnight, when Zayn was not at home, she would cry , when she was trying her best to remember everything but failed miserably.

She is tired of living like that when she decided to just go with the flow. She woke up every morning, asking Zayn what would she do that day, what is her favourite food, what is her favourite channel,  goes to culinary class like her routine before, attending every Chef Craig's classes eventhough she doesn't even know him. Barely makes friends  but she thinks this is the sacrifice she has to face. She has to face all these in order to live in her life back. But everytime she tried to fit in, tried to play it cool, it's hard for her, its getting harder to act like she knows but she doesn't. She would smile to let the pain goes away .

Then out of blue, this girl named Gigi reminded her back to the bad memories. Reminding her that Zayn doesn't even love her but just feels pity for her . Syira is confused of course . So she spoke to him this morning, asking that maybe he wants to let her go, she thought that she could sacrifice this time, she wants to make Zayn happy . But then, Zayn got mad, yelling at her that she can't ask him to let her go. She felt the dizziness at that moment, but she ignored it as she was more scared to Zayn's behavior. This is all too much for her.

" I'm sorry about this morning.." Zayn said as Syira slowly made her way upstairs. " I didn't mean to..scare you like that" he added slowly while Syira turned to face him.

She just hummed in reply , when Zayn's hand slowly touched her arm, she stepped back. Zayn was stunned.

" I'm sorr-" his voice sounded harsh as she immediately interrupted him.

" it's okay"

" Let us...go to bed okay?" Zayn asked calmly. He controlled his voice this time. Afraid that he will lose control.

" I'll sleep on the couch today" She remarked . Zayn stared at her and shut his eyes . As she was about to walk towards the living room , Zayn caught her arm.

" No..I'll sleep on the couch" he said as his voice cracked . Syira looked down on her feet as she nodded her head slowly while mumbling small thanks.

Zayn sighed heavily as he watched her went upstairs and heard her closed the door to their bedroom. He let out a few heavy sigh again before sitting on the couch, his head in his hand.

Syira shut the door behind her and her eyes glistening with tears.

" Can't you let him free?" Gigi's voice kept replaying in her mind.

" I'm sorry Zayn" she muttered as she held the necklace she wore.

************************************

Hellooo readers. Thanks for still reading. So I decide to make goals for the next chapter so.. 20+ votes and 10+ comments? Then I'll update. Bye!