Chapter Twelve : Promise

Assalamualaikum guys, I'm so sorry for the late update, I got so busy lately since I start to apply some universities now, and I have one interview next week , so I hope u  guys understand :)

Btw, Have you guys listened to Still got Time and Sign of the times? They're so amazing!

Warning : Grammars.

ENJOY

Dedicated to : little_brown_gurl

Third's POV

" Oh, Syira!"

Aunt Tricia was the first to offer her a warm welcome, running up to her the minute she stepped through the front doors of the big house. She threw her arms around her daughter-in-law, laughing heartily at the young woman's return.

Although she was more than happy to see her mother-in-law as well, she winced at her sudden embrace.

" Oh no," she gasped softly, drawing back worriedly. " I'm sorry, Syira. I was just so caught up in the moment that didn't realize-"

"It's fine," she said, smiling at her. "I'm just still not fully recovered"

" of course, Of course! I should have known," Tricia rambled on nervously.
" Would you like anything? Any cravings? I know hospital food isn't always the best. I can cook you up anything you want to eat," she insisted, trying to be happy as she could.

Syira smiled genuinely as she nodded her head slowly, " anything's fine"

"we'll prepare a nice dinner for everyone then," Tricia and Aunt Lina said happily, looking towards Zayn. Everyone nodded their heads as Zayn lead Syira to sit on the couch.

❤❤❤❤❤

Three weeks later

Zayn's POV

It had been weeks after Syira came from the hospital, as usual, she still doesn't remember anything and tried her best to fit in her new life. When she had breaks in the pain, we would look through pictures in my phone. Just one photo would bring up never-ending list of questions for Syira. She would ask things like : who took this picture? Why we went there? Many times these questions would lead us to another photos that would give some background into the things we had experienced together. It's very hard to be honest, but I still don't give up, I just want her with me, nothing else. Sometimes she would ask me about her college, well, that took hours of explaining about her interest in cooking and all. I soon realized that Syira could only absorb so much at a time, and sometimes it would upset her to tears to realize how much she did not know.

I stopped saying " do you remember when?" it was just too hard to see in her eyes the pain of not knowing things she could intellectually know that she once knew. After about a month without a single memory returning, I also stopped asking each morning, " Anything come back?" Syira's heavy, saddened face and downturned head while shaking "no" was too heart-wrenching to watch. I didn't want her to think that she let me down by not remembering. Her pain was palpable.

About a month and a half after the accident, the other lads urged me to join them for dinner before we going for another tour, it was Harry's birthday, they asked me to bring Syira but she refused to go saying that she wanted to take a rest that night. I reluctantly joined the lads for the dinner.

" Guys, this is Kendall, remember? " Harry introduced as she shook hands with the lads except Zayn who just gave her a warm smile. " Thanks for inviting us" Kendall said as she held her hands with another young lady with blonde hair. " this is Gigi" she stated as Gigi smiled radiantly and slowly took a seat with them for dinner. When our food was served, they all started to cheer me up by joking about our old times together as a band.

" Zayn, I have to say this , if she doesn't remember anything, you could really reinvent who you are" Louis said while others listening to him. I thought about all of the bad times I could erase from my past , like the time when I went home drunk and Syira's father was so angry towards me at that time. As the wine flowed, my friends had even more creative suggestions. I didn't drink but listening to their talk made me laughing that night.

As they were joking around, making me burst into a loud laugh at their stupid suggestions, suddenly the blonde girl , Gigi said something decidedly unfunny:

" Oh my God, what if she doesn't fall in love with you again?" she instantly shut her mouth after saying that, all of the lads looked at me with worry in their eyes.

I heard nothing else for the rest of the evening. This terrifying notion had crossed my mind before, but hearing someone else say it was paralyzing . When I got to my car that night, I sat, overwhelmed with emotion, and cried.

What if she doesn't want me anymore? What if she wants to live alone and experience the world without me? this is the kind of thing that happens in movies, not my life.

Third's POV

"Assalamualaikum" Zayn whispered as he twisted the knob at the front door of his house. He looked around the house and it was dark. He just came back from that dinner and decided to get home early that night.

He walked further into the house and soon noticed that the light in the living room was on. He thought that maybe she fell asleep on the couch again . But then he heard a soft cry came from the living room. Thinking something bad happen to Syira, he rushed to see that she was sitting on the couch while having her head in her hands. Her shoulders shook as she let out another soft whimper.

"..Syira? What's wrong?" He spoke.

She shot her head up and immediately wiped the tears in her eyes away. She sniffled and gave him a weak smile.
" Hey, you're home early"

Zayn took a seat besides her and caught a glimpse of her diary on the coffee table. She also followed his gaze and grabbed the diary . " I found this, in my bag, " she breathed out as she smiled down at the diary.

" It kept a lot of memories, our memories" Zayn responded and Syira nodded her head in agreement.

Zayn's lips curled into a warm smile as he wrapped his arms around her shoulder to bring her closer. She didn't resist, practically falling into his embrace. Tears were not shed as she buried her face in the crook of his neck.

She looked up at him and stared into his eyes that night, smiling weakly, she held his cheeks with soft caress and her lips softly trembled , " Zayn, please- please don't give up on me"

" No I won't, I promise, I'll be right here"