An Unexpected News

Musyira's POV

"Musyira my dear,, I had prepared your favourite breakfast!!" said mum from downstair. I woke up to hear my mum's lovely voice calling my name. My eyes were fluttering open as the light of the sun shined through my pink curtains. I smiled and got off my bed while walking to the mirror. I looked at myself and kinda shocked for a while to see my brown hair sticked out everywhere. I chuckled while grabbing the comb and started to comb my hair neatly.

I already performed my Fajar prayer at 6 in the morning and still amused how I could wake up on my own without the help of the alarm or my mum. After praying , I slept again because I stayed up late last night playing some games. Well.. you can tell that I am childlike since all of my friends like to tease me because I love watching Barbie's movies at my age. Excuse you ! you can't blame me for liking their sparkling and beautiful dresses. I'm 19 by the way.

I tied my hair in a pony tail and started to walk down to the kitchen when the smell of cheese filled my nostril . I skipped to the kitchen and saw my mom was cleaning the stove.

" Morning mum!" I said in a happy tone . " Morning darling!,, here you go!" she said while handing me a plate of grilled cheese sandwiches which made my stomach dancing. My eyes wide opened and took it gladly. " You are the best!" I said while eating the sandwiches at the round marble table.

My mum smiled hearing my compliment and pinched my right cheek. " anything for you " she added before went up to her bedroom to change her clothes.

While eating..I heard my father's stepped down the stairs into the kitchen where I was eating my breakfast. He had a newspaper in his hand and joined me for breakfast. I smiled at him and he chuckled a bit.

"What so funny?" I asked . "Syira my love ..I still saw you like a little girl who loves to play cooking games and always asked me what would I like to eat when I got home" he said while sipping his coffee and chuckled a little.

" Ohh..I miss my childhood"
I whined, grabbing my empty plate to wash it.

" Syira.. Do you remember the Malik family ? Uncle Yassar and his wife,Tricia? and also their son,Zayn?" asked him in one breath. I looked amused and turned around to face him.

" Huh? wait.. I've heard his name before.." answered me while thinking for a while.

" Ohhh!! I do remember him.. He was the one who loved to pull my scarf back then.. well.. He is the worst cousin ever! " yelled me . My dad laughed and said
" Sorry to say.. but they will come to stay here this Saturday"

My eyes were wide opened and said
" What? why? how?" I exclaimed while digging a hole at my dad's eyes.

" Well.. your aunty Maham will conduct a celebration for their daughter's marriage, so all of our family will attend it " my dad answered simply.

I nodded my head and about to step on the stairs to my room.

" Wait! and please clean the guests rooms since they will stay there" asked Dad. I frowned while mumbling something. You can tell that I am kinda spoiled child because I am the one and only daughter in this house.

" Ohh.. like you have to do anything today right? " asked him. " Well.. I was thinking to........... Yup... I don't have anything to do " answered me while pouting a little.My dad smiled and continued to read his newspaper.

" That's my daughter" he added. I rolled my eyes and went up to my room.

I closed the door and threw myself on the bed. I looked up at my fabulous pink ceiling while thinking. Yes, I love pink and all the walls in my room was painted pink in colour. My friends also called me ' A Lady in Pink ' when they once visited me.

" How does he look now?" I said. We were very close when I was 10. Well he was annoying back then and I always hid in my room when they came . The last time they visited us was about 9 years ago. I thought and then fell into a deep slumber after thinking that soon I will meet again with my annoying cousin.

******************************

A/N

Hello! this is my first fanfic and sorry for the grammatical errors because English is not my mother tongue. But I have this passion to write a story.. so why not? Leave a comment and just tell me if I should stop or continue this story. No worries and Good Day!! :)

#MS