Chapter Fourteen

WHOO!!! 500+ READS!!! AWESOME!!! THANX FOR READING, AND REMEMBER TO FOLLOW ME!!!!!

YAMATO'S POV

He's just...sitting there.

Staring straight ahead, with his fists clenched and his eyes burning in anger.

Behind the anger, I see regret, sorrow...

...and heartbreak.

Hideaki - or should I say, Prince Kaito - refuses to speak to us.

Sunlight streams into the room, illuminating Lady Kasumi's and Prince Ichiro's faces as they speak in confusion. Yes, I know who they are, so I won't bother using their fake names. Grandpa (A/N in case you forgot Elder Shiro is his grandpa) stands next to me, deep in thought. Izumi is crying into my shoulder, saying over and over, "She left! Big sister left!" and clutching a hawk feather in her tiny palms.

"I don't understand, why would she just leave like that?" Kasumi murmurs. Ichiro looks resentful. "Maybe we could understand, but the one person she talked to is being a stubborn idiot." He looks over at his brother, who just sits, unresponsive.

I mutter in Grandpa's ear. "I didn't know that she would leave so soon." He's about to reply when Kaito leaps up from his chair and strides over to me, furious. "What," he whispers angrily, "did you just say? You knew she was going to leave and you didn't try to stop her?! You didn't think of telling us?!" I meet his glare evenly, and speak blankly. "She deserves to let her secrets be kept."

I think that he's going to punch me, but he just blinks, and goes back to sit in his chair.

I sigh and tousle my black hair, while patting Izumi's head with my other hand.

"You must choose what you are going to do," Grandpa says to them after a moment of silence. "You can win back your kingdom by finding allies, or you can stay here."

Ichiro stands up. "Why can't we go find Akira?" Kaito speaks up sharply. "She'd kill us, with no hesitation." We all stare at him, shocked. "What...?" Kasumi has her hands over her mouth. Kaito just nods, sadness spread over his face.

"We'll get our home back." Ichiro says abruptly. "But going now, while the kingdom is still reeling from Father's death, would be suicide. We need allies, like you said. But who...?" I raise my hand. "You've just gained one. And I know a few other powerful people from different clans." Kaito stares at me, as if I'm the last person he wants to ask for help, but he finally nods and turns to Kasumi. "You can stay here."

She shakes her head furiously. "No. I can't keep being ignorant about the kingdom. I'm coming too, and if you say I can't, I will throw you out of this building and toss a brick onto your head." We all gape at her. What happened to the girly princess with a crush?

Grandpa smiles, and walks out. "I will get your supplies for you."

I ruffle Izumi's hair and whisper to her quietly. "Big brother will make sure big sister comes back, okay?" She grins widely. "Okay!"

ICHIRO'S POV

We will get our rightful home back.

And we will see Akira again.

So, from here on out, the story will be 95% Akira's POV, 4% these guys, and 1% back at the castle. For me, it's easier to focus on one plotline, so Akira is in the spotlight now.

AKIRA'S POV

I lean against a tree, in thought.

My plan is to go visit my brother in Kohka Kingdom, and travel with him and his friends. I read his letter, and I can tell something is up. However...