CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Almost an hour later, Liam was driving Ariana to University. When she had insisted that she was going to see her teacher, he had offered to take her and make sure she was alright.

She took a deep breath while the events of the morning replayed again in her mind for the millionth time, feeling extremely thankful to God for not letting anything terrible happen to her and giving her a chance to escape a more than certain rape.

She looked over to Liam, his face so determined while he focused on driving her to meet her teacher. He had been amazing to her since she had arrived at his house in the morning and Ariana was definitely not complaining one bit.

He kissed me… Quite a few times… She thought while she touched her lips absentmindedly. He likes me and he knows I like him…

She would have wished everything happened differently, but at least, she had him by her side, taking care of her, and that was definitely more than she ever hoped for.

Liam’s phone rang loudly from her lap, where she had left it after calling Johnathan who was now calling her back.

“Hey” She replied

“Listen, I managed to get someone to cover for me at work for the rest of the day, I’m on my way there…” Said Johnathan “See you in a while ok?”

“Perfect… Thank you John… Meet me outside of Mulligan’s office” She said

“I will… Love you!” He said

“Love you too… Bye” Said Ariana before hanging up the phone

“Is your friend coming to meet you?” Asked Liam looking at her

“He is, which is great… I don’t have to talk to my teacher by myself” She explained

“What do you say if I leave you with your friend and I go pick up your medicine while you talk to your teacher?” He asked

“Yeah, ok” Replied Ariana with a nod

So much to do… Thought Ariana, suddenly aware of the fact that she had to find a new laptop, new phone, new backpack, new place to live. She shuddered at the thought of going back to live in Newham but she had to. It was the only thing she could afford.

“What are you thinking of?” Asked Liam

“Uh… Nothing…” She lied

“I just saw you shudder… What are you thinking of?” He asked again

“Ugh… I was just thinking that I have to go back to Newham later…” She admitted

“No you don’t” He stated

“I do…”

“No… Ariana I don’t want you going back there… I’m not driving you there” He added looking at her quickly in the eyes before looking back at the road before him “Why don’t you come stay with me?”

Oh God…Did he just…?

“Liam…”

“I’m not going to take no for an answer…. We can go to Newham… Pick up your stuff and go back to my place”

So… I’ll be living with him? Oh dear… Wouldn’t that be weird? We like each other…How would everything be if I move in with him?

“It’s really nice of you to offer but…” She protested

“Ari… There are more than enough rooms at my house… And I’ll feel better ‘cause I know you’ll be safe” He added

God! What do I say? I’ve never lived with a man before! At least not one I liked…