CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Liam had managed to pull Ariana out of the house after watching her work on her essay all morning. He would had been more than happy to have stayed in bed making love, but instead, he had woken up sometime around nine, to find her already working on her essay.

“Where are you taking me?” Asked Ariana

“I should be taking you to bed… But no… We’re on our way to have lunch at this place I’ve been wanting to go with you for a while”

“Really?” Asked Ariana before biting her lower lip

“Yes… Really… I’m sure you’ll love it” He said smiling at her and earning a kiss on the cheek

As he predicted, Ariana had loved the view from the restaurant’s terrace from the second she had stepped foot in it.

They had sat by the edge looking out to the city as they ate lunch, but suddenly were interrupted by Liam’s phone bursting to life in front of his plate.

“Hey Mate” Said Liam after having checked and seen that Zayn was calling him

Liam double checked his phone to see if he had seen properly as he could only hear breathing sounds through the other side of the line.

“Zayn? Mate is everything ok?” He asked again feeling slightly worried

“Perrie’s in the hospital…” Said Zayn’s broken voice

Oh no…

“What happened?” He asked

“Can you… C-come over?” Asked Zayn

“Yes! Absolutely!” He said getting up in a rush while Ariana looked at him with worried eyes “Where are you?”

“Saint Mary’s…”  Replied Zayn

“Got it… I’m not that far away from there… I’ll see you soon ok?

“Yeah… Ok…” Said Zayn before hanging up

“We need to leave” He said

“What happened?”

“Come on” He said taking her hand and pulling her towards the exit

He paid hastily, assuring the person at the till that the food was great but he really had to leave, while Ariana just stared at him nervously.

“Please tell me what happened?” She asked in the car

“Something happened to Perrie… She’s in the hospital”

“Oh no…”

----------------------------------

Ariana and Liam rushed hand in hand through the hospital hallways, trying to find the elevator that would lead them to the Maternity ward. By then Ariana was fearing for the worst as she was sure that Zayn wouldn’t have called Liam if it wasn’t something really serious.

Please God… Let everything be ok… She prayed silently

They walked out of the elevator on the fourth floor, turning left as they had been instructed and past the nurse’s station, they turned right and walked a few meters down the hallway until Ariana was able to make out the shape of a man sitting on the floor of the darkened corridor, with his back against the wall as he held his knees close to his chest.

“Zayn!” Called Liam, drawing his attention towards him

Ariana stood back as Liam walked towards his friend, feeling shocked by the image of Zayn, his eyes red and his face wet by the tears he had been shedding.