CHAPTER FORTY TWO

Liam sat down for lunch next to Ariana, feeling quite pleased to see her eat a full plate. She had gained a couple of pounds and she was looking more radiant than ever. She looked healthy and happy. He noticed how she stopped being glued to her phone or ipad unless it was to speak to her family, which she did more often now that they were on the same hemisphere. She no longer hung around twitter all day, waiting to read whatever negative comment was said about her every five minutes.

Liam looked at his phone, waiting for that call that would give him the go sign for what he had planned for Ariana, but still, after a couple of days, no call.

After he had seen Ariana unconscious a couple of weeks earlier, he had started thinking really often about what he would do if he didn’t have her. Every time, his thoughts carried him to all the negative things that could ensue if lost her. It never ended well.

As a conclusion of his often meditations, he realized that after spending a year by her side, he wanted more. He wanted everything. So of course, he thought about asking her to marry him. It was strange how excited it made him to think of Ariana as his wife and the mother of his children someday, but he took it as a sign of how much love he had for her and how much he wanted her to be a part of his life forever.

He had been planning his proposal into detail but it had been hard as Ariana had decided to spend more time with him at the concert venues and less time locked up at the hotels. So far, he had already managed to get Ariana’s family on board.

They didn’t know he was going to propose to her, he just invited them all to join them on tour so they could reunite after a year and a half. It would all be a surprise to Ariana, but he also wanted to use the opportunity to propose to her because he knew she’d love to share that moment with her family. Besides, if he admitted it to himself, he wanted to get to know them personally, seeing as they were going to be a part of his family as well.

He had been planning everything for over a week, but aside from finding plane tickets and accommodation for Ariana’s family, he had given himself the task of finding the perfect ring for her.

He remembered how she and Eleanor were looking at the tiffany’s website for rings they would like to be given and comparing them all with Perrie’s engagement ring. Of course, Ariana wanted a big diamond, what girl didn’t? But if he was honest she had impeccable taste and she had chosen a ring that would definitely look beautiful on her.

He had met with a tiffany’s executive and as they had chosen the right ring, he had decided to put a little twist on it and he was hoping his decision was the right one. All he needed to do now was wait. Wait for the ring to be finished and wait for Ariana’s family to arrive on Friday.

“What are you thinking about?” She asked with her mouth full looking at him

“About how charming you look when you speak with your mouth full” He replied with a smirk

“Hey!” She complained pushing him lightly

“Don’t complain… I love you anyway” He smiled cheesily at her

“Come here…” She said turning to face him before wrapping both of her arms around his neck

“Are you going to give me a Bolognese kiss?” He asked

“Yep… You love me either way so…”

“And I also love Bolognese…”

“It’s a win-win situation…” She whispered as she closed the space between them and kissed him lightly on the lips

“That was yummy…” He winked at her

“That was disgusting…” Said Louis from the other side of the table