CHAPTER FIFTY

“Are you sure you’re going to be ok?” Asked Liam as he buttoned up his shirt looking at Ariana

“Yes! You do remember that I am not a twelve year old you can’t leave alone around the house, don’t you?” Replied Ariana while she put some of the clothes she was packing into her suitcase “Go… Have fun with you friends… It’s lads night out”

“Yeah, but I could always cancel, you know…” He mentioned casually

“Liam… Just go…” Said Ariana

“And what are you going to do tonight?” He asked turning to look at her again

“I’m going to finish packing my bag for Colombia…” She said putting her hand on her waist “Which you’ll have to do tomorrow because our schedule is full and we can’t leave anything behind... But back to me… I’m going to watch a movie after I pack and cuddle in bed with my teddy bear because it’s just too freaking cold to do anything else”

“Well, that’s tempting… I could always stay and cuddle with you” Said Liam walking over to her and wrapping his arms around her from behind her placing both of his hands on her baby bump “If you want me to stay I could totally stay with you two…”

“I’d love it… But you my dear, promised your friends a lads night out, so go… And make sure you stay clear from skanks, strippers and any female human being that is not me and that shall cross your path tonight” She said in a warning and yet amused tone

Liam gave up, but not before placing a couple of kisses on her neck.

“Fine… I’m going… And I’ll be good… I promise” He nodded

“Good…” Nodded Ariana in return “We’ll miss you”

Liam grabbed his coat and walked down the stairs followed by Ariana who kissed him and hugged him before waving him goodbye as he got into his taxi once it had arrived.

He thought back at the last time he and his mates from Wolverhampton had gotten together. It had definitely been a really long time. Good thing they were staying in London and he wanted to take the opportunity to catch up while they had a few drinks.

Or a lot really… He admitted to himself with a smile

It took him over an hour and a half to get the bar where they were meeting but finally when he arrived and he spotted them at a table in the corner, he could feel the cheerful mood starting to flow, as well as the drinks.

“Heeyy!! Our domesticated brother has arrived!” Said Marius in a slightly sarcastic tone

“Did the Mrs. Let you out today?” Asked James

What?

“Uh… Yeah… I consider myself lucky these days” He replied with fake worried expression on his face

His friends laughed and offered him a shot of tequila followed by a large pint which he took gladly. While they chatted and drank shots of tequila he noticed a certain tendency of his friends to end up making bad jokes about how he had lost his freedom to a woman and a baby. He knew they meant everything as a joke, but the more they kept it going, the more annoyed he felt.

“So… Lads… Let’s make a toast” Said his friend Andy “To us… To reuniting… And to our poor friend whom we’ll lose to a pile of baby poo”

Right… That’s enough

“To Liam!” They toasted

Liam gave them a fake smile while he re filled his shot again and raised it before them.