CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

“I can’t wait to see her again” Said Ariana as she adjusted the uncomfortable seatbelt for the tenth time that night

“I know… And don’t you dare taking off that seatbelt missy…” Warned Liam

“Fuck… Sorry but It’s really uncomfortable… I don’t even want think how uncomfortable it’s going to get in a few months” She complained

“We’re nearly there…” Said Liam in an apologetic tone

“Don’t ever take this detour to Zayn and Perrie’s house again… The road is longer and there are about three hundred potholes… Unless you can fully avoid them, we’re staying clear off this street, got it?”

“I’m sorry babe… I really wanted to avoid traffic…” He apologized again

“Just hurry up and get us there… I really really want to pee” She insisted

Ariana winced as Liam swerved to the right to avoid another hole on the street, feeling how her bladder was about to burst. She took another deep breath and glanced at the backseat where a couple of Tupperware containers and her favorite and most expensive sauce pan contained part of the Christmas dinner for later in the night. She sighed in relief when she saw the food remain intact before turning back to look at the street.

To avoid focusing on her bursting bladder, she focused on what awaited her when they got to Zayn and Perrie’s house.

The morning after Liam’s infamous night out, their One Direction Christmas Party plans had to be changed due to the unexpected arrival of baby Malik. The Dj Louis had booked had to be cancelled but Ariana suspected he and Niall had kept half the alcohol they were planning on bringing, mainly to use at their own parties.

The Party had to be swapped for a quiet dinner and moved from Harry’s house, to Zayn and Perrie’s, just so that they could be part of the celebration without moving from the comfort of their own home. To be honest, Ariana thought they were being extremely polite for allowing the dinner to take place at their house, five days after having welcomed their daughter into the world.

If it were down to Ariana, she’d be cuddling in bed with her baby and the Christmas dinner could very well take place without her.

Still, with the promise of not moving a finger and letting the rest of their friends handle the celebration, Perrie had agreed to host the dinner celebration at home.

Ariana smiled at the memory of holding their friend’s daughter in her arms. What a feeling… She thought dreamily, hoping the next few months flew by so she could hold her own baby and melt with joy every time. The beautiful Farah Louise Malik had arrived five days ago to bring absolute and sheer happiness into Zayn and Perrie’s life.

They had chosen the name Farah because it meant joy and the two of them knew that that she was definitely going to bring that into their lives, and Louise, because it was Perrie’s middle name and they had decided that it suited their daughter perfectly.

Ariana looked at Liam and stretched out her hand to entwine her fingers with his. He looked at her briefly and gave her a smile.

“I can’t wait for tomorrow… I can honestly say I’ve been counting the days for the last month to find out if we’re having a boy or a girl… I need to know now” She said

“Don’t worry… Not long to go… By lunch tomorrow, we’ll know for sure and we can go crazy decorating in either pink or blue when we get back from Colombia” He said giving her another smile and a reassuring squeeze on her hand

“I know I’ve been trying to stay gender neutral… And I know we said we were going to choose a name together… But I really like Emma if we have a girl… I love it… It’s so classic… Just beautiful… Please let me name our baby Emma if we have a daughter?” She pleaded looking at him