Chapter 19: Eric's confession

"Eric?" This was surprising. I don't remember the last time Eric ever showed up at my house. Never.

"Sharon, hi. Can I come in?" I still want to call it a dream. I can't believe he's here.

"Sure." I'm seriously confused. Why did he come to my house?

He sat on the couch where Stephen was hiding.

"Is that Eric? What the heck is he doing here?" Stephen whispered.

"You're surprised right?" He asked.

"Yeah, totally." I sat down, still processing the whole scenario.

"I know it's been long since we spoke," He starts.

"So...what brings you here?" I just needed him to be straight forward.

"I heard about what happened to you."

"And?"

"I just wanted to see how you are doing. I care about you."

"I care about you." Stephen mimics silently.

"Stop it!" I mistakenly said.

"Stop what?" He asked.

"Uhmm...I mean stop acting like you care. I know you don't."

"I do Sharon. I just didn't know how to tell you my feelings."

"That's a lie."

"Sharon, I'm sorry but it's the truth. I liked you and I still do."

"No! Don't tell me that! You never did. You never once loved me!"

My emotions were heightened. Why should he be telling me this now when I'm already in love with Stephen. It didn't make any sense. Why now? I thought he never did. I forgot so soon that Stephen was still here.

"Sharon." He tries to calm me down as he holds me but he only made it worse.

"Don't touch me! You hurt me. You loved Jane!"

"I know I did and am sorry. I realised it was you I truly love. It was you." He looked at me, searching for my answers when he said the word 'love'.

"You love me?" I scoff. I think the alcohol is getting to me.

Stephen couldn't stand everything. He wanted to come out from his hiding but he waited. He wanted to know what it was all about.

"Yes, I do. Please give me a chance. I heard about what happened between you and Stephen. Is it really true?" He searches for the answers in my eyes and I was more than ready to give it to him.

"Yeah, It's true."

"Do you love him?"

"Why do you care?" I felt it was wrong for him to just show up at my house and start questioning me.

"It's because I love you and he's no good to you. He's a player. After he uses you, he will dump you."

I slapped him mistakenly as I heard those words.

"I'm sorry but don't use those words."

"I know you are hurt but I hope you think about it. I'm really sorry Sharon. I have been trying to talk to you but Bella didn't let me."

"Bella? Why would she do that?"

"I don't know. When I saw that you didn't not come to school, I thought I should come to your house to talk things out with you."

"I don't know Eric. I don't know." I try to sit down.

"Give me a chance Sharon."

"I don't know what to say Eric. I'm already in..." I stopped taking.

"Already what?" He sat close to me.

"It's nothing."  I moved away.

"Talk to me Sharon."

"Please go. Just go." I just didn't want to think about my past.

"Sharon."

"Go please. Go!"

"Okay, I hope you think about it." He left.

I closed the door and went back to sit down. I saw Stephen sitting down in rage.

Oh my gosh!