Chapter 23: The day

"Sharon!" Bella screams in surprise. "You look beautiful you know." She smiles and she checks me out.

"Yeah, I know. You look nice too." I complement.

"You know, I actually thought you wouldn't come. It will be so boring without you." Bella puts her arms around me. I could tell she really missed my company.

"I even forgot that today was the day but thanks to my mum I'm here." I tell her.

"Oh. Thank God you didn't. Lots of pictures are waiting for us." She sounded excited.

"So, where's Helen? I haven't seen her." I ask Bella who was already on her phone.

"She went to the bathroom. She will be with us shortly."

I find myself looking around. What am I looking for?

"Are you looking for someone?" Bella asks.

"No, I'm not."

"You look like you are expecting someone." Bella tries to read through my thoughts.

"Where's your mum?" I asked her so she could stop asking questions.

"She's on her way." She says.

"So.....are you guys on good terms now? Sorry for intruding but you are my friend and I care about you." I ask her. I just really wanted to know how things were with her mom.

"Yeah, we've settled it but still haven't gotten my answers. Wait a minute, how did you know that we had an argument." Bella wondered.

"Um.... you know...in a dream I guess."

"Bad liar. You came to my place didn't you?" She studys me closely.

"Yeah, I felt bored and broken after what happened between me and Stephen.

"What happened?"

"I'll talk about it later. I don't want to be in a bad mood." She replies with a nod, understanding my emotions.

I saw Helen running towards us in her heels to hug me.

"Sharon! Have missed you."

"Hmm...doubt that." I murmured, thinking about the last time I saw her.

"Let's take a picture," Helen said excitedly, pulling us closer for a shot on her phone.

We went to seat down after taking pictures. I don't know why I feel like this but my mind isn't at rest. Where are you Steph? I kept on looking around.

"Are you okay?" Bella asks. She noticed I was a little tense.

"Yeah." I still kept on looking around maybe he had arrived.

"You're sure you aren't looking for someone?" She asks again, looking the same direction my eyes went.

"My mum! There she is." I saw my sisters too.

Bello got distracted by a call on her phone. It was her mom.

"Hello, mum where are you?" She asked looking worried.

"I've arrived. I'm sitting next to Sharon's mom." She waves towards her.

"I can see you now." She waved her hands back at her mom.

"I'm wishing for the best Bella!" She hung up on the phone.

"I hope I'm going to get some awards. I need to make my mom proud." She murmured.

I didn't want to ask her about her dad. It might spoil her mood. How could he leave them alone for another woman? Speaking of mine, he never cared about me. I doubt if he even loves me when he doesn't care. I always wondered if I was his biological child. I've tried many times to love him and forget about the hatred I have towards him but it doesn't go away because he kept on hurting me. All he cares about most is Carly, Tori, and Matt. He punished me for the things I didn't do. I hate to call him my father.

"Sharon, is something wrong?" Helen asked.
I didn't even realize that I was crying.

"It's tears of joy." I fake laugh. "Ah, today is one big day."

"You're lying Sharon. Your look isn't telling me that. Please stop crying. You'll spoil the make-up on your face"

"Okay, let me go to the bathroom." I stood up and left for the bathroom.
I met Eric almost reaching the bathroom.
"Hey, Sharon." He stops me from my tracks.

"Hi" I totally don't know what to say to him. This was going to be a weird conversation.

"I saw your dad." He started off.

"Really?" I was actually surprised my dad scheduled himself to come to my graduation. Maybe I was wrong about him.

"Yeah, Sharon can I talk to you for some minutes."

"You're talking to me already. You don't want to waste the minutes."
I fake smile.

"Then..did you have feelings for me?" His looks right to my face.

"Yes," I replied without even thinking about it.

"Do you still now?" He questions further.

"Sorry, I can't answer that question."
I say.

"Because you still have feelings for me." He moved close to me, a little gap holding us apart.

"I don't." I deny it again. I just don't want to reopen long time memories. I know I will always love him but I want him to remain in the past. I love someone else now.

"Then answer the question." He moved closer to me, lifting up my chin, and kissed me before I could say anything. It's been long I've wanted this. It made me remember his scent. Am I really two-sided? I can't love two guys at the same time. I find myself kissing him back. I felt someone pulling him away from me. As I opened my eyes, Stephen gave him a blow on his face.

"You animal! How dare you? You want to steal her away from me?!" He gave him several punches, unable to control his temper.

"Stephen, please stop. You're hurting him." I try stopping Stephen. He could kill with just the look I see on his face.

"Just stay away from this cause I saw you. I saw you kissing him back!" It made him angry the more.

"That's because she loves me." Eric defends himself and fought back.

"She's mine!" Stephen shouts.

"Stephen, please stop this."

"Sharon, I don't want to believe anything he's saying. I love you. I would do anything for you." Stephen tries to convince me but I wasn't happy with the way things were.

"You guys can keep on fighting. I'm leaving." I walk out of them.

"Sharon, wait." He tried to catch up with me.

"Leave me alone. You're always jealous."

"You caused it but I'm sorry. Anytime I see you with him I believe something is going to happen and it did."

"Stephen, please not now."

"But you kissed him back. I saw you." Stephen tries to catch his breath.

"Stephen, let's talk about this later. They about to share the awards and again, my dad is around and I don't want him to find out about us. I didn't picture today to be like this." I left him standing alone.