PART 2: Chapter 73: Promise

"Why didn't you call me on your phone. We can't talk right now. This is not the right time." Stephen said, tensed.

"It's urgent. I won't take much of your time, i promise. Can i come in at least?" She pleaded.

"Fine, just make it quick because Sharon is here but she's asleep. I don't want her to think wrongly when she sees you here." He explained.

"That's what bothers me Stephen. I really wish what happened didn't happen. You guys look good together." She looked worried.

"What do you mean?" He looked perplexed.

She takes a deep breath before speaking. "I'm pregnant Stephen. I tried aborting it because I'm totally not ready to be a mother but the doctor said there's a slight chance of me getting pregnant again if I abort it. I..."

"Wait, wait, slow down. I don't understand all what you're saying. Why are you telling me this? Aren't you suppose to discuss this with your boyfriend?"

"I know it's a lot to take in but you're the father, Stephen. I didn't see my period since I had sex with you. I'm sure of it."

"What? what the hell are you saying? Fine, it was just one night. So? This is not the first time we have had sex unprotected. Why now? Are you sure you are not making this all up?" He whispered.

"No, we can run some test if you think I'm lying?" She convinced.

"Oh god, what am I going to do now? I just got back with Sharon. Who else knows about this?" Stephen asked, pacing around.

"My friend."

"Okay, let this matter die down for a while. I don't know what I should do. Please don't tell anyone else. Can you do that for me?" Stephen pleaded.

"I'll try."

"Thank you. You have to leave now before she wakes up." Stephen opens the door for her to leave.

"Okay."

"Oh god! What have I done?" I said, leaning on the door.

"This is just the beginning Stephen." Patricia says before entering her car. "You're going to regret leaving me."

************

I went into my room and saw Sharon busy on her phone.

"Have you been awake?" Stephen asked, feeling a little troubled that she overheard everything."

"No." I replied.

"You should be resting." Stephen sat on the bed.

"I know. I got a text from my dad. He's asking if I'm still coming for dinner."

"Who in Particular? You have two dads." He asked.

"Patricia's."

"Oh.. so are you going?" He asked.

"Yeah, can you come with me. I know it's a lot to ask but I don't want to feel alone," I say.

"I can't believe you're asking. Of course i would. When?" Stephen asked.

"Tomorrow. We can leave after class. We will come back home to change."

Her mentioning 'home' makes me feel like we are finally back together.

"Oh, some of my clothes are in Aaron's house." She looked bothered.

"You don't have to go to his place. You can buy a new dress." Stephen convinced me.

"I know. I actually want to go to his place to punch him really hard." I laughed.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"Yeah, I really want to do that. I owe you a punch too but it it's in the past now." I grinned.

"Does that mean you have forgiven me?" Stephen asked curiously.

"Yes. Promise me you will never hurt me again." I said but Stephen didn't reply.

"I'm pregnant." Those words flashed back. I don't want to hurt Sharon ever again.

"Stephen, Stephen!" I called repeatedly.

"Oh..." He answered.

"I said, promise me you will never hurt me again.

"I...." he was left speechless.