CHAPTER 36: The kidnap

"So... you overheard last night?"

"Hmm..maybe."

"Ok then, there's no need to beat around the bush. We were planning a birthday party for you." He chuckled.

Ooh! So it was that. Just a birthday.

"But it's three months away."

"Yeah."

"Plus, I hate celebrating my birthday. I mean, it's not like I did but they made me to.

"Wait, what are talking about? Why would you hate your greatest day?"

7 years ago

"Mom! Dad!" I was so happy they finally came back from work. They didn't even remember to tell me happy birthday in the morning. This wasn't the first time. I just thought it was because of work but now I realized it's not.

"Carly! Daddy's home." He said, hugging her tightly.

"I bought you your favorite, ice cream and pizza."

"Thanks Dad." She said, warming up to him.

"Dad, mom, my birthday. You forgot my birthday again!" I cried.

"Sharon, you should understand by now. We love you no matter what. Ask your mom if she bought you anything."

"Baby, I'm so so sorry. It skipped my mind."

"I wasn't asking for any stupid gift. Just the word 'Happy birthday' would have been enough. You are the worst parent ever!" I rushed into my room crying.

"Sharon.... Sharon, please don't cry. I didn't forget you. I got you something. I was the first to tell you happy birthday because I love you. Please let me in. I know you will love to lick ice cream with me."
Carly stood at my door.

************

"That was really bad. I mean... you own parents. Look at me Sharon, I'm there for you. That love you have always wanted is here now. You need to move on from your past." He held my hands.

"Thanks alot, Stephen." I hugged him.

A call came in. It was mine.

"I need to pick this. It's Bella."

"Okay."

"Bella, is anything wrong?"

"Sharon, I didn't tell her but I think she figured out."

"Who...and what is this about?"

"Your sister. She tracked your location. I tried."

The door bell rang. Stephen opened the door.

"Hi, Stephen."

"Do I know you? I feel like I've met you."

"Yeah, in the hospital. I'm Sharon's sister."

"Oh, come in."

"Carly, what are you doing here?"

"I came to get you. You know...I knew you were here a long time and I think your fun just got expired. You're going home with me."

"But..."

"No buts. Get your stuffs now. We're leaving. Stephen thanks for accommodating my sister but now is the time."

"Okay, fine. You won." I went inside Stephen's room to take my bag.

"I'm never going back to that house." I opened the window and jumped down. I just ran away again.

*****

"Why is she taking so long?" Carly went inside to check.

"Damn it!"

"What happened?" Stephen asked.

"She ran away."

********

I don't even know where to go this time. Not Eric's,not Bella's,not Helen's. She will find me. I just walked around the street hoping for taxi to pass by. A car suddenly stopped in front of me.

"Don't you want a ride?" The unknown person says.

"No, thanks." I walked further.

"We asked nicely but now it comes with force." The second guy next to him says.

A guy came behind me and covered my nose with a handkerchief and put me into the car.