Linked

The dark green haired boy opened his eyes to find himself in a completely dark room. He raised an eyebrow. After a blink, his green eyes glowed and he glance around the room.

Absolutely nothing there. He looked down to what he was sitting on. A bed? No, a scanner.

He smiled in a somewhat mocking way. So they haven't deleted him yet.

~~~~~

Evangeline Mech:

I slowly opened my eyes and glanced at the clock. 5.57 am. Guess it's as good a time as any to wake up. I took a bath, got changed and went to get myself some breakfast. Niara's not on her bed, so I guess that means she's up. I walked into the kitchen to see Yuuya making his usual breakfast.

Onigiri. That's right. Riceballs. Quite oldfanshioned for the 2050s, but they taste good nontheless. Especially Yuuya's. He makes the best riceballs I've ever eaten!

"Good morning Yuuya." I reeted happily.

He turned to look at me. "Oh! Good morning, Eva." He placed the plate on the table. "You want some? I made extra in case anybody wakes up soon."

"May I?" I sat across him and ate one. "These are great! Thanks for letting me have one."

He smiled as he ate. "You're welcome." He then looked up at me. "Say, Eva..." He paused for a moment, but then continued with a smile. "How's the festival in your school going along?"

"Hm... I'd say we're halfway done." I replied. "All we need to do is plan the games, set them up in each class, hang up the signs, decorate the gate way and we're done."

Yuuya sweatdropped. "Sounds to me you still have more than a half to go..."

"Decorating the whole school took a lot more energy than you think. Especially when the whole school isn't just one building. There's also the yard, the parking lot, the outside part of the walls..." I explained.

"Sounds like your school's going all out for Halloween." He said, laughing.

"And we'll do the same for Christmas." I replied proudly. "Cleaning them up would be a hassle though." I looked up at him. "What about you? How's your school doing?"

"We just started actually." He replied, taking the last bite. "Our school isn't like yours. We don't have events every month. And since October just started, so did we."

I nodded. "I see."

"Good morning, you two." Jin walked out of his room, fully dressed. As he walked over, he picked up an orange from the fruit basket on the counter. He looked at Yuuya. "Did the others go to school already?"

Yuuya nodded. "Yeah. Kirito and Niara left early so they can meet up with Olivia. Sendou went to see his sister and Gouda went along with him."

"It's a rare day when Kirito and Niara get along." I stated jokingly.

"Maybe the world is ending." Jin said sarcastically.

"J-Jin! Don't say things like that!" Yuuya said nervously.

"Well, even if I don't, I'm sure it's something one of them would say." He replied shrugging.

Yuuya blinked. "I guess you're right..."

I smiled. Those tw-

~~~~~

"Eva? Hey Eva, snap out of it." Jin snapped his fingers in front of her face.

Her eyes turned empty and she turned pale. Jin just barely caught her when she collapsed.

"W-what happened?!" Yuuya started to panic.

Jin placed a hand on her forehead. "It's not a fever. Yuuya, help me open the door to her room." He picked her up bridal style and began carrying her to her room. Yuuya did as he was told and helped Jin set her down on the bed.

"Should we call Professor Oozora?" Yuuya asked.

"Perhaphs." Jin nodded. "I'll stay here and look after her. She and Hiro are picking you up from the bridge, right? Tell her to come here after dropping you off at school."

Yuuya seemed hesitant, but agreed. "Alright. I'll see you." And then he left.

Jin didn't have to wait long until he heard the doorbell ring. He let the professor in and told her what happened.

The professor placed her chin in her hands. "This could mean either her AI has a problem, or the auto-maintenance was urgent. It's more likely to be the second however. If it was the former, she would have noticed some static days before she collapsed and consulted to me."

Jin nodded. "So there's nothing wrong with her?"

"As of right now, no. But keep an eye on her and be sure to contact me if anything happens." With those words said, the doctor bid goodbye.

Jin cast a glance at the clock. She's okay, so that means I'm not needed here. If I hurry, I can make it right at recess.

With that in mind, he left for school, not noticing the younger girl's hands twitched.

~~~~~

Evangeline Mech:

I opened my eyes and found myself floating in space. . . or perhaps the void... I blinked and looked around. It was all blue with different coloured dots here and there.

"Hello again, sister."

I jumped, though I wasn't standing on anything in the first place. I turned around and saw the boy with sparkling green eyes. ". . . Mizel?"

Rather than shock, I was more confused. Why is he here? How was he here? Unless... In this case, it must mean this place is the Infinity Net.

"Why do you look like that?" He asked suddenly. "Are you not happy to see me again?"

I reacted on instinct. "N-no! Nothing like that! I'm just... Confused..."

"Oh? So you are happy to see me?" He asked, tilting his head curiously, like a child would.

I smiled a bit. "Well... Yes, I am."

He looked surprised. "I see. I thought you would hate me like mother did."

I was slightly taken aback by this. "Mother...? I... I don't think Professor Oozora hates you..."

"Ah... That's right... she didn't hate me... She was afraid... Much like everyone else on this planet was..." Then he looks back at me. "You still call her professor? Why?"

I froze at that. ". . . I'm... Still considering it..." I shook my head. "Nevermind me. How are you doing?"

"I'm trapped in a white room with nothing more than a scanner inside." He replied with a sigh. "Needless to say, I'm bored so I thought I'd visit you."

I blinked. He's acting quite different from the Mizel that tried to-

"To destroy you? Yes I suppose I am."

"H-how did-"

"Both our minds are masses of data. I can read you like you can read me. Although it doesn't appear as though you have figured out how..."

"So... You can understand anything I think and say?"

"I can do more than understand. I can voice out your thoughts as well, for example, right now you're thinking about how 'cool' this is." He shook his head. "Really, sister. I think you are just too easily impressed."

I turned red in embaressment. "Ah... Well... Yeah I guess so..."

He smiled. "Sister, if I ask you for a favor, will you do it?"

I looked up at him. I suppose there's nothing wrong with trusting him. He seemed to have changed. But...

"It depends on what you want me to do." I said carefully.

He nodded. "Of course." His face turned serious. "I'll be blunt and honest. I want you to get me out of here."