Between Two Pupils

It was just past midday the next day and currently, most of them were sitting in an unused meeting room. Earlier in the morning, Hiro had asked Jin where he went, saying that he saw him walking out of the building as he went to the restroom. When the red eyed boy replied that he went for a walk with Eva, Jessica began to tease him, asking if he asked her out during their private time. To their shock, he replied with a yes and the conversation dropped there.

"So should it be kept a secret or...?" Yuuya asked the blonde boy beside him

"Hardly." Kirito replied, drinking coke. "The only ones who didn't know Jin and Eva are dating are Jin and Eva themselves."

"I-Is that so..."

"At this point, I'm willing to say they're married." Niara said, trying to twirl her CCM on her finger like Kirito once did.

"Hey, at least they got together in the end, right?" Ami smiled.

Jessica sighed. "I kinda wish I was there to see how it happened."

"Me too..." Ran sulked.

"Why don't you ask Mizel?" Kousuke suggested from behind them. "He's with her 24/7, so he was bound to have seen it."

"Nice idea!" The redhead nodded at the other girls enthusiastically. "But we need a plan, we can't just take Mizel from her. She'll panic."

"What if we told her that we want to borrow him for a bit?" Ami suggested.

"But she would want to come with." Kazu interrupted, joining in the conversation.

"Why can't we just leave them be?" Ban sweatdropped.

"Because this is Jin we're talking about!" Asuka smiled cheekily.

"Hmm... Oh! I got it!" Jessica said excitedly. "Okay. The plan is-"

~~~~~

Speaking of the newly formed couple, the two were in the maintenance room, thinking about everything else that's been going on.

"I wonder if Hugo's okay..." Eva sat on one side of the table and was fiddling with her CCM. "He just took off without letting anyone know..."

"We'll just have to trust he'll make it back alright." Jin was across her, cleaning Triton's joints.

"I guess, but I wonder where he went." She laid her head on the table and messed with her CCM some more.

It was silent for a moment, before loud banging resounded from the door. "Eva! Eva! Eva! You here? Can we come in? Unless your busy doing things with Jin!"

Her face exploded to red in an instant and she covered her mouth before she could scream in embarressment. On the other hand, Jin stood up and walked to the door with a straight face, but through his eyes, he was clearly annoyed. He opened it and came face to face with Jessica and Niara.

"Oh, hey Jin." Niara greeted casually. "We wanna borrow Eva for a sec. You mind?"

He wondered what the two were planning, but decided to let them in anyway. Eva, having recovered quickly, turned to the two girls. "Hiya. What do you need?"

"Well, different things." Jessica explained. "I want to battle you and Niara wants to borrow Mizel."

"What for?"

"Revenge on Kirito." The Russian replied. It wasn't a complete lie. She did want Mizel's help in getting back at Kirito for certain things he did.

The blonde didn't seem convinced, but she turned to the watch on her hand with a questioning look. With no words said, Mizel willingly travelled from her arm to Niara's. The black haired girl thanked her as she ran out of the room to do what she needed to do.

Jessica smiled slightly. She knew Eva wouldn't say no if they asked politely, so all they had to worry about was her following Mizel. She had asked the other blonde to battle her to keep her distracted and she knew based on Jin's personality that he would stay with Eva to see how she does. She thanked herself for her photographic memory.

"Alright. So let's start." Jessica said, tossing a D-Cube between them.

"This is completely sudden, but okay." The younger blonde walked over to the diorama.

"Jeanne D!"

"Twilight!"

Jin stood on the sidelines and watched the two LBXs go against each other.

Without hesitation, Jeanne D began firing with its Snap Pistols. Twilight jumped from place to place to dodge each shot.

"Wow, you're fast." Jessica complimented. "I thought those wings would slow it down, but they're a lot lighter than what I imagined."

"You too." Eva replied. "I knew Jeanne D relied on its mobility, but going against it in person is a lot different than watching it on screen."

Twilight hid behind one of the cliffs and when Jeanne D turned around, it went to use its blade, but was instead shot.

"Yeah, I probably should've known that wouldn't work."

"Jeanne D is specialized in long ranged attacks, so it has an advantage when going against sword-weilders like Twilight."

"Thanks for the trivia, Jin."

Twilight kept dodging, occassionally using its blades to deflect a shot. Jeanne D kept advancing towards it.

"Twilight's acting a lot more like Vampire Cat now."

"Hmm..."

"?"

Eva stared at Jeanne D from her CCM screen. She counted down from three. When she mentally hit zero, Twilight charged at the other blonde's LBX and knocked away its guns.

"W-wha- Huh???"

"Jessica, you were going easy on me, so your movements became predictable. You'd stop firing every three shots so I took that chance to get rid of the pistols."

"Oh... Well, I didn't expect you to read it that quickly."

"Something tells me you didn't want to battle me to begin with."

The older blonde laughed as she called Jeanne D back. "You got me. I just wanted to see how good you are, seeing as how you have the habbit of just watching from the back."

Eva did the same with Twilight. "Jin was the one who taught me. I battled every once in a while, but I always prefer doing maintenance instead."

"I never would've guessed."

"Aha... Yeah..."

After pondering on what to say, Jessica spoke up again. "You know, at one point, Jin coached me too."

"I think I saw that. Angra Texas, right?"

"Yup! He's the one who taught me how to use my photographic memory during battle. He also helped solved the dispute Ran and Yuuya had in that tournament."

"Huh... Well, it is Jin, so I don't expect any less."

"Right~?" Jessica then stretched and walked out the door. "Well, that's all I came to do. Thanks for playing along, Eva. See you."

"Your welco- Wait, what do you mean 'playing along'-" The door closed without the older girl's reply.

The two left in the room stared at each other, before it hit them. Mizel!