Birthdays and Wishes

I stared at the strawberry cheese cake sitting in front of me. I'm at the dinner table with Jin and his butler. Dr. Kaidou had business tonight so he couldn't join us this time.

"Come on Eva, make your wish!" Jin encouraged.

I blinked. "But what should I wish for?"

"Anything you want!"

"Anything...?" I stared at the candles. Can I wish for ni-san to come back? I shook my head. That was dumb. I thought over it and looked up at Jin.

He was grinning broadly, eagerly waiting for me to finish making my wish. His butler stood beside him, giving a small smile.

I nodded to myself, finally making the decision. I blew on the candles. Jin's grin grew wider. "Happy birthday, Eva! So what did you wish for?"

I smiled and shook my head. "Secret!"

"Aww no fun!"

I giggled. "Sorry, but I'm still not telling you!"

~~~~~

He blew the candles on the caramel cake and grinned. "I hope it comes true!"

I leaned forward. "What did you wish for Jin?"

He crossed his arms. "When I asked you, you wouldn't tell me!"

I giggled. "If you tell me yours, I'll tell you mine."

He smiled. "Okay! I wished that no matter what happens, we'll always stick together."

I blinked and then smiled and pounced on him. "Funny, I wished for the same thing!"